Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Fiber optics Blades

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

from the pics it is not horrible. I think it looks pretty good.

BLUE 3- Ready

Welcome to TCSS and very cool sabers.
    Red 5 "Move Dangit! I gots Snitz to blow up!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn
    I actually have a mirrored acrylic disk that fits under the blade tip, but it makes it worse, not better, even with hole we drilled through it to light the blade tip. The first pictures on the webpage are a 1 watt cyan running off the hasbro board. I did have a green three watt in it until a couple days ago, when it suddenly went out. It now has a blue 1 watter in it.
    heres something that seemed to help on mine, i got a shouldered tip from corbin, and used the reflective film under it.

the shoulders go inside of the poly c tube thus the light coming up hits the edges of that tip and shines enough up through it to light up the tip just enough.

it does work a lil bit, and you dont have to drill no hole that way.

worth a try anyways.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Oh Man! That is a friggin nice saber. Do you mind if order one similar from RS? :P Just joking...
    The point of this is actually out to lunch.

The blade does have a shouldered tip on it, and any reflective material I've put in the tip creates that 'lightbulb' look because the optic cable is just as bright at the tip-end of the cable as it is at the emitter. I have a piece of paper in there, between the cable and the mirror to help tone it down some. It's just the nature of the side-emitting cable, I guess, or the particular brand of it that I have...I don't even know what brand it is, actually!

enolmano: Sure, I'll send you the prints! :P Just joking!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Unless you were afraid of blinding someone it'd seem that omitting any reflective tip would be best. It does seem to magnify the bulbing.
    RED LEADER Standing by!