Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: sounds

yea i saw it too and the guy wouldn't even answer my questions.

Allright, Corbin gave me the OK to share his info with you guys, I figured best to ask him first. So here it is,
    HOW TO MAKE A HASBRO SOUND CARD WORK WITHOUT THAT CHEEZY CLASH FLASHING:

<font color="purple">To run two circuits from the same button, just get a Double Pole
    Double Throw button, or a DPDT. It has two isolated circuits attached
    to it so you could run the LED driver on one side and the sound module on the other. That's assuming the sound module you're using has a
    momentary on/off button and not a latching one. If it has a latching
    one, you'd still use a DPDT momentary for the driver, you'd just hook
    up a latching relay on the DPDT switch, then connect the sound
    module's wires to the relay.</font id="purple">

I'm gonna retrofit my sabers this way. This info came word-for-word from the ever-helpful Corbin Das. Thanks bro!

"Chaka, call off Dawson, will ya?!"

Mi Gin Gonn,

I've tried the diagram for 2 switches I've showed you and it works perfectly. I guess my problem is the reverse of yours. I have one circuit that needs a momentary switch - the sound card - and one that needs a latching switch - the LED running straight off the battery with a resistor. Any suggestions?

Edit: Never mind, the answer was right in front of me, in your post. Now I need to figure out what a latching relay is. Not sure, but doesn't an additional relay use mucho power?

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.

I could totally be mistaken here, but I think the purpose of the latching relay is to act as a middleman between the sound card's momentary switch (or switch wires) and the DPDT switch, allowing you to keep a locking button for your resistor/LED side of the circuit. To be 100% sure, Corbin would be the man to ask since I got my info from him in the first place. But if it has a momentary switch like the Hasbro cards do, then you don't even need the latching relay. I don't know how much more battery juice a latching relay would eat up, but running a soundcard/LED setup is gonna burn through some power no matter what you do[xx(]. Especially if you're using AAA's like I am.

Hi Guys. Just wanna say I think this is an awasome site and I'm on it a least an hour a day. It's helping heaps of people make their childhood fantasies a reality.

Has anyone seen the soundboards on eBay available from Ultra Sabers ready to install into custom hilts? Was wondering if anyone has tried them and what they think.

Good job fellas

I have that exact same one. the ones you're seeing on eBay are ripped from Hasbro kids' lightsabers. they're on special at Wal Mart for 8 bucks now if you can find the right display. Ultra himself posted this over on the LED Q and A's board at theforce.net, but he's obviously smart enough not to state this in his eBay ads.

Crikey! I thought he made them himself. I'm from Australia so the range of toy sabers is kinda limited here.

I someone wrote that different models of the Hasbro sabers have better sound and motions sensors and stuff. Are the ones he's selling the better sound boards from the better saber models?

Thanks for your help

yeah, I have that exact one & it sounds great. we're trying to figure out a way to incorporate it into a saber without the "blinking blade" effect when it hits something. but yeah, the sound is almost as good as a Force FX saber []

Yeah? Awsome.....

The Ultra Sabers guy says you can hook it up to a EL saber without the blinking blade effect. But I suppose you wouldn't have the same problem with the EL as you would with the LED - I think?? (I'm not very good with electronics)

But I might have to get one though.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Whew! If you think this place is neat you need to visit ASAP (a site about props). You can get to it through www.dewbackwing.com and click on prop board. You have to register but it's worth it. Styrdur, Corbin, Ultra Sabers, Hyperdyne, Saberology, etc... all post there. You could spend days there. Most of the current saber building ideas have been pounded out there.

Corbin at the moment is working with Hasbro sound boards I believe. As are others.