Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: sounds

I have never opened the battery pack on a MR saber to get to the speaker. But another problem may be if the sound board will fit inside of a 1" hilt man that is small. I built a 1.25" hilt for my nephew and I had a time getting eveything (sound, speaker, battery) inside of it.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

I know the soundboard will fit because I have almost the whole thing apart, its 15/16 wide by 2" long. I think everything will fit, I drew in scale on paint (our computer was outdated in the stone age) and it all "should" to fit.

By the way, how much does your LuxDrive Powerpuck extend battery life? I'm thinking of using 4 AAA batteries with a Buckpuck because I'm worried about battery life. And, would you recomend I wire it and the LED parallel to the board, or just use the Board's setup?

Speak softly and carry a big lightsaber.

The luxdrive buckpuck will give you the best performance from the batteries because it maintains a constant current to the led, adjusting for drops in input voltage so the led will remain the same brightnes until the batteries are about dead. I would connect the buckpuck in parallel with the sound board. I measured a Hasbro sound board and they also are about 15/16" wide so one of those would fit too.

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...

Thanks for the info. I'll try it as soon as I scrape together enough money. (That means a while[])

Speak softly and carry a big lightsaber.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by GeluKhanGharr View Post
    I posted something like this last night, but it didn't go through, so here we go again. I have about 35 Hasbros - I don't think I am missing any model. The boards are different from generation to generation and have gotten better over time.

Old (1995) Luke - crappy sound, motion, flash on clash. The clash sensor is ridiculously large - NOT a good board for custom hilts
    Anakin AOTC - crappy sound, no motion, flash
    Anakin ROTS - great sound, no motion, no flash, color change(2 switcheable outputs, but the switch is board mounted and a hell to install, so the switcheable outputs "feature" is virtually useless. Still, a good board for customs
    Yoda training - crappy all the way - yoda talk switch, low volume, crappy sound, flash, no motion, break really fast
    Obi ROTS - great sound, no motion, flash on clash, but also the motor output - good to use with Corbin's C&L feature
    Obi AOTC - the old models and the new, repackaged 8 dollar ones - I found them to be the same. Crappy sound, no motion, but NO FLASH on clash.
    Old Vader ROTJ - The best board in my opinion - great sounds, motion sensor, no flash on clash. Almost impossible to find, except packaged with the helmet at $50
    Windu/Dooku/QGonn/generic - all use the same board - great sound, motion sensor, but they all have that stupid flashing on clash.
    Stay away from the "build-your-own". My son broke 2 in one week. He's yet to break any of the other ones, so it's not him. They just up and quit.

I hope this helps

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.

Wow I dug up the past. I noticed a Hasbro was skipped here. Does anyone have any info on the Darth Maul Hasbro saber?
    WHAT THE %*#& IS AN ALUMINIUM FALCON?!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It's decent quality. It's very big though and only ran strobes for the clash effect. I still have one of those.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

So if I run it with Corbin's board, all should be well? Sweet. Thank you.
    WHAT THE %*#& IS AN ALUMINIUM FALCON?!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

as in, "comically very big"... about thrice the girth of a MR mace