Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: sounds

Default sounds

i was in my local wal*mart store and i discovered that the light and sound sabers by hasbro are sold cheaper in a different package, its in a plastic sleave but it still ahs the sound and lights but only cost $8.00, i just thought id share my find.

i saw that so are they the same ones with sound like the 20 dollar ones

<center>
    "Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."</center>

I snagged up a few of those. They'll be located in the toy deptartment on a main walkway in a plain cardboard display stand, not on the shelves.

If it's the same Wallyworld display I saw, it'll be full of Obi Wan's and non-character-specific Sith ones. Get the Sith ones, they sound a <font color="red">hell</font id="red"> of lot better & have both clash and swing sensors in them [^]. The Obi Wan's have that cheap kids toy static-y sound to them.

Here's a question about incorporating one of those into an existing saber. Suppose I want to use it just for sound & NOT run my LED from it, is this possible? Am I correct in guessing that I would need to run a relay from two of my AAA's to the soundcard so it wouldn't be competing for power with the LED? The reason I ask is I don't want my blade making that flashing effect every time it hits something, ugghhh...I cringe at the very thought of it. Cringe like nails on a chalkboard while chewing aluminum foil at the same time cringe. (if that made the hair on the back of anyone's neck stand up, sorry)

"Chaka, call off Dawson, will ya?!"

i think they are cheaper because they are not character specific and arent in the cool box. thast all i can see, $22.00 difference, it seems unusaul.

Well the Sith one isn't character-specific, but the Obi-Wan is, it looks like his AOTC saber. That is unless the Wallyworld in your town was only selling the Sith ones or ran out of Obi altogether (they were selling pretty quick here). I bought one of each & noticed such a huge sound difference that I turned the car around & exchanged Obi for another Sith one. [] Obi sounds like a kid's walkie-talkie, Sith almost sounds as good as a MRFX.

i bought 2 sith and one blue non specific, or at least as far as i could tell, but now that you mention it, it has some characteristics of the obi from aotc. it is totaly true that yhe sith sounds alot better than the obi, .....my local wally world has three cases of the sabers on the floor, did yours have the purple windu esq. saber?

nope, no mace's. bummer. do those sound ok?

mine didnt have maces either, i was asking you if yours did?

ijust checked 2 different wally worlds, no dice. not a single one of those 8 dollar sabers around. and the 20 dollar ones were few. i couldnt even find another anakin color change one.

I posted something like this last night, but it didn't go through, so here we go again. I have about 35 Hasbros - I don't think I am missing any model. The boards are different from generation to generation and have gotten better over time.

Old (1995) Luke - crappy sound, motion, flash on clash. The clash sensor is ridiculously large - NOT a good board for custom hilts
    Anakin AOTC - crappy sound, no motion, flash
    Anakin ROTS - great sound, no motion, no flash, color change(2 switcheable outputs, but the switch is board mounted and a hell to install, so the switcheable outputs "feature" is virtually useless. Still, a good board for customs
    Yoda training - crappy all the way - yoda talk switch, low volume, crappy sound, flash, no motion, break really fast
    Obi ROTS - great sound, no motion, flash on clash, but also the motor output - good to use with Corbin's C&L feature
    Obi AOTC - the old models and the new, repackaged 8 dollar ones - I found them to be the same. Crappy sound, no motion, but NO FLASH on clash.
    Old Vader ROTJ - The best board in my opinion - great sounds, motion sensor, no flash on clash. Almost impossible to find, except packaged with the helmet at $50
    Windu/Dooku/QGonn/generic - all use the same board - great sound, motion sensor, but they all have that stupid flashing on clash.
    Stay away from the "build-your-own". My son broke 2 in one week. He's yet to break any of the other ones, so it's not him. They just up and quit.

I hope this helps

Born of Sith, seduced by the light side.