Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Yes, another noobie with big dreams

Wow. I see what you mean by "big dreams." That is long. I just put it together on the MHS SaberBuilder, and looks more like some kind of pole weapon than a sword. Well, at least it gives you plenty of room for bells and whistles inside the hilt.

Hope your wife gets well soon. And I hope the bills aren't too bad. (Here in Japan, where we have--gasp--socialized medicine, we don't have to worry much about medical bills.)
    There's always a bigger fish.

If I did this right, here it is. It is based on my character: Darth Cadaverous, he was exiled after the Hundred Year War, and went out on his own, never to be seen or heard of.

Remember, the sith did not have light sabers for many years, and they built one off of Jedi tech. I made his longer because of that.

And yes, it will give me quite enough room to put in other electronics later. I had seen "crystals" being sold on the "store" site, and hoping down the road, I maybe able to put one in.

Thanks for your concerns, she gets better then down hill again, so I take it day by day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Interesting. I would think it would require a different fighting style. You definitely wouldn't use it one-handed, and for maximum leverage you would place your hands as far from each as practical. I imagine it could be handled something like a Japanese naginata or Chinese guandao. Darth Maul's two-bladed saber could be seen as an outgrowth (literally) of a (hypothetical) long-hilted lightsaber like yours.

Too bad Tim is currently out of Sith-colored Luxeon IIIs! The Luxeon website says more red and red-orange will be available on (if I recall correctly) August 18.

maybe more like a nodachi? a naginata or a guandao is more like a pike, at least in design, in execution they're used more like a poleaxe though a bit more refined in style.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_DevilGuy View Post
    maybe more like a nodachi? a naginata or a guandao is more like a pike, at least in design, in execution they're used more like a poleaxe though a bit more refined in style.
    For that matter, you could say it's more like a nagamaki.

You could use it with one hand, it's not too hard. Anyways take progress pics.

(if we get realy technical it's a piece of metal and plastic with light) sorry I love katana and their kin but I couldn't help myself
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    For that matter, you could say it's more like a nagamaki.
    Naw i would say it would be used more like a mitsubishi or a hanzo

TCSS Resident Annoyance
    NOOBS: Don't be annoying, thats my job, GO HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Sairon View Post
    You could use it with one hand, it's not too hard. Anyways take progress pics.

(if we get realy technical it's a piece of metal and plastic with light) sorry I love katana and their kin but I couldn't help myself
    YES!!!! We likey progress pics.!!!lol

Noooo! I was going to get the parts this week, but there were some problems with some of the parts...I can wait.

I do have a question though. I have been looking at another site for one part and it is a "Stock Darth Maul Coupler" (What they call it). I can send a link if you want, but PM me for it, please. I was wondering, if it would fit too your hilts? (Threads and such, or do you carry this type of product?)

It is another dream project after this one,(That is if it does not blow me up. lol)

Also, I may just redo it for now, new parts list coming soon:

EDIT: Are all the hilts out of Stock? I can not find one that is not.
    Last edited by Cadaverous; 08-22-2009 at 08:14 AM.

I think I know whjere you are talking about, Just email them and ask the outer diameter of the coupler, and then see if it is close to the same size as MHS which is 1.45 inches in diameter. then if it is the right size use a sinktube and screews to connect the two together.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)