Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New to the MHS

Default New to the MHS

So, im new to this site and forum, and the Saber-smithing part.
    I got an interest in Light-Sabers after reading the Star Wars Complete Compendium wich had in-depth pics of a light-saber

So far, ive managed to get hold of my saber design, and the list of materials i need.
    I will post em here to get your opinions on the parts-list and the design.

Ps!
    some of my friends has trouble understanding why i want to spend so much money on building a light-saber, so i tell em :
    look, building a thing with your own hands is special

heres the item-list picture:

and this is my saber-design:

its sorta Luke Skywalker saber from ROTJ (Return Of The Jedi)

its the first time,
    and money's short
    if u can, tell me whats missing on the parts list, perhaps what i can do better etc?

regards
    Padawan Rundberget

welcome!
    I have a few questions. First, why would you want to have t grips, and clamp on a fluted section, when you couldnt see the actual fluted area?
    And what are you going to use to hold the pommel insert in place with? You'll need one of those too, found here: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MP...le-4-P232.aspx You'll need one of these: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MPS-Clip--P72.aspx And your switch you have would need to go where the big black hole is, about halfway up the hilt in your render.
    Last edited by $tarkiller; 07-20-2009 at 04:55 PM.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Excellent questions, $tarkiller.

Though he does have pommel insert 9 on his list.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 07-20-2009 at 05:40 PM.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Yes he does. I see now after reading it a second time. Thanks. And the link s gone.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Thanks for the replies,

I will re-do the design, that includes a new hilt, probably removal of the t-grips, ill keep the clamp.
    I think ive might gone too far, to exited since this will be my first build

regards
    Padawan Rundberget
    Last edited by Padawan Rundberget; 07-20-2009 at 11:43 PM.

did you already order your parts?

I would kill the T-grips and get the flutes painted/powdercoated if you havent, that will make a much more comfortable grip, unless you're andre the giant...

Ive gone away from the flute design, to a "standard" hilt with no flutes,
    had to re-do the design a bit.

thats the new design with O-Rings as grip and a clamp, and i think thats my final design.
    Last edited by Padawan Rundberget; 07-21-2009 at 01:34 AM. Reason: new

I know people like the clamps for their relationship to the prequel movies but if you're considering using it for a bit of dueling or showing off, spinning etc I'd consider loosing it as I feel they're a bit awkward sat right in the middle. Some people have put them further to the top or bottom though.....

Just my two pence
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Well what are you going to do about the gaping hole for a button in your design?
    "Tactic: When no other options present themselves, shoot everything in sight." - Face Loran, Iron Fist

"This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a ****. None shall pass!"
    -Ganner Rhysode to the Yuuzahn Vong Army

Quote Originally Posted by Master Schyler View Post
    Well what are you going to do about the gaping hole for a button in your design?
    I don't think he had the snap to function switched off and was intending to have the clamp over the hole.

That said if he goes without the clamp he can put a nice led switch in there.

Itz nace.......
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"