Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: SaberSound 1.0 new soundboard prototype

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    Dude, lookin good...don't be afraid to make your bed once in a while though.
    HOW DARE YOU!! hahah
    Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.

tinfoil-

asking if the board is anolog or acclerometer based is hardsly a trade secret.. more like asking to know what you are buying..

I mean if he doesnt want to asnwer.. thatd fine of course.. but most questions asked are trying to understand what TYPE of board this is...

IMHO..there has been little to no info given on it...

to me its like saying..heres a car buy it.. without knowing the engine.. MPG, and other features.

trade secrets like his actualy 'code' (or whatever) is obviously something you wouldnt want to give out.. but background on what people are actually buying would only 'help' IMHO..

i realise if the boards not to certain peoples taste they won't buy but i think alot of people will buy as is. An mr soundboard is as easy to get as paying 80-90 dollars and gutting the saber. thats a good 40 dollars or so less than an ultra card wich by the way i can sense people trying to turn this 50-60 dollar card into.
    keep it simple

thats my 'exact' point..

what is 'as is'? I dont know much about it.. do you?

dont get confused..

Im not saying change anything... Im not saying its 'not my taste'..

Im asking.. what 'is it'?

does it use analog sensors to detect clash and/or swing? does it use acceleroemter to detetct such events? (hardly trade secret questions)

are the sounds changable? held on-board (ie: embeded into a chip?).. or maybe a micro SD card? or loaded through serial/usb port?

etc..etc

none of this is 'giving away a recipe' as you like to put it.. I dont care how you want to twist it.

its a simple question about his product he is trying to 'sell'..

I wouldnt buy a car not knowing the color.. or if has AC or a radio.. or other details..
    thats hardly asking GM/Chevy about their engine specifics and what makes it tick.

ever think that maybe if it uses an acelerometer.. even though people 'may' want to buy it WONT... because of possible patent infringement or ebay vero'ing?

I would hate to (myself or another fellow member ) buy a bunch because they do projects or builds for other people to sell.. be stuck with them.

Maybe thats not a very realistic scenario..but you get my meaning. without details.... its only gonna hurt his 'goal'...not help it.

I really hope Tim works a deal with you. I would love to see these available through TCSS. This board fills a much needed niche and TCSS would be one step closer to a one stop shop.

XL97 have you looked at the thread about this board over on FX-Sabers.com? The question you asked and the issues you raised have been answered and discussed there.

got a link? I dont venture to FX much..

and to be clear.. Im trying to raise any issues.. or bash 'anything'..

Im just trying to understand what it is he's selling/created is all.

I know 'many' that if it plays sounds..they love it.. but to many others.. we like to know more about the board itself. Like a US or a CF.. or even an MR/Hasbro..
    details help decide when, where or if ever it is usable in certain situations...
    Last edited by xl97; 07-19-2009 at 08:53 PM.

i'm not trying to "twist" anything. i'm not going to waste this nice sunday argueing either so "peace and love" bro!
    a few years a go a buddy of mine sold me his old beater car for 50 dollars. i jumped on the opportunity because it started, ran, and got me from point A to B.
    blueprints and parts sources not necessary
    peace out and happy saber building!

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoilhelmet View Post
    blueprints and parts sources not necessary

of which I asked for neither... (for the record)..

either way the FX link (thanks) has answered a few of the questions already..