Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: SaberSound 1.0 new soundboard prototype

airsoftmode, did you read my post about the swing frequency?
    a wise man once said "dont try to be a great man....just be a man"

Quote Originally Posted by airsoftmode View Post
    Yes but if I integrated my board with corbins, or if I installed flicker and onboard regulation I would have an ultrasound board, and that is not what I was trying to do.

What I am trying to do is produce a medium level board that outpreforms the fx board in every aspect, but keeps the same low price point.

And onboard regulation was not necessary because at 6v input the default ouput is 4v and 1000mah.
    I actually like the fact that re-making a US or CF is not your goal.

I do recommend that when you get the bugs worked out that you write up some good tutorials for using your board with voltage regulators for the inputs or buck pucks or drivers for the LED out.

With a bit more knowledge of how best to use your soundboard in practice will make it a more successful product both during launch and subsequent sales.

Just my opinion of course and I have no desire to attempt to do your thing for you just an idea.
    Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment. -Jim Horning

The beatings will continue until morale improves. -KMFDM "Free your hate"

So basically its using the voltage loss across the board to reduce the current to what is typically required for direct-driving Luxes, Crees and Seouls, thus replacing a resistor?

Just listened to the new video of the soundboard. Sounds good for a prototype but my kid listened to the sounds and he noticed that they sounded a bit "fast" when compared to a Master Replica board. Anyone else notice this?
    Cheers!
    Lonewind

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewind View Post
    Just listened to the new video of the soundboard. Sounds good for a prototype but my kid listened to the sounds and he noticed that they sounded a bit "fast" when compared to a Master Replica board. Anyone else notice this?
    Well that shouldn't be terribly difficult to change, I can slow down the swoosh audio to half speed, that should get it closer to the fx soundboards. I never really cared for the slow swoosh that mr had, but if thats what the majority of you would like then thats what i'll do.

Im going to leave the clash sounds as is, I think they are spot on.
    Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I really like what I see and hear so far. I look forward to getting one.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewind View Post
    wow am i totaly invisible? i already posted about this earlier today. anyway airsoftmode, the clash sounds sound dead on like you say, but yes the swing sounds frequency is much to fast, makes them sound too electronic and not really saberish. i think your right and if you slow them down to half speed they should be about right. try it and make another vid and we can let you know if it sounds better
    again great job on the board, keep up the good work
    a wise man once said "dont try to be a great man....just be a man"

What capability does the board have for running accent LEDs? Do they simply need to be run in conjunction from the main LED leads and resistored, or are there additional outputs on the board for 2-3v @ 20-30mA?

Also, I think the swing sounds are fine...for someone who does a lot of fast spins. Maybe two versions - fast and slow?

I have to say that like Airsoftmode I have always thought the MR swings were too slow...especially for fast spinning as Jonitus says...I like these swing sounds as they are now, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonitus View Post
    What capability does the board have for running accent LEDs? Do they simply need to be run in conjunction from the main LED leads and resistored, or are there additional outputs on the board for 2-3v @ 20-30mA?

Also, I think the swing sounds are fine...for someone who does a lot of fast spins. Maybe two versions - fast and slow?
    Gah ok ive got about 4 people saying there good, 3 people saying there two fast, im going to slow them down just a bit, maybe 1/4 and leave it there for the first run. For my next run judging from the input I get from everyone I will tweak the fonts a bit and try and get a good middle ground.

There are not seperate outputs for accent leds, you will have to run them in conjunction with the main led if you want them.
    Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.