Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: SaberSound 1.0 new soundboard prototype

hmm where do you order it? somehow i feel that this doesn't sound as good as a MR board... the sounds are abit off

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It's not in production yet.

But asking about ordering one is considered soliciting, unless Tim will consider stocking these, so don't keep asking about it.

I saw the LED dim every time the speaker put out sound, like the speaker is drawing power away from the LED.
    Last edited by Jedi-Loreen; 07-18-2009 at 09:49 AM.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I'd noticed that. ASM, i'd ask Tim if he wants to stock, maybe see about sending a sample of it.

In all honesty, those sounds do need tweaking before the production run, sounded abit crackly IMHO. Good work though...

Folks, please don't ask where it's available until it has Tims blessing. It's a no-no to solicite on here, any questions, please PM Airsoft.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

I didnt watch the vid.. (no speakers ATM)..

but Id like to ask more about the baord itself? not to get too specific.. but is it using a specific microcontroller? how are you detecting/activating the swing and clash events? accelerometer? or analog sensors? (like regular MR clash sensors?)

Im curious as to how you did your 'turn off' approach? relay? says 10 clash and 10 swoosh... are these all pre-programmed? changable? how are you storing/saving them? what chip?..etc

you can PM if you like.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    It's not in production yet.

But asking about ordering one is considered soliciting, unless Tim will consider stocking these, so don't keep asking about it.

I saw the LED dim every time the speaker put out sound, like the speaker is drawing power away from the LED.
    Everyone who noticed dimming, I was running on 4.5 which is not enough to run the board and a lux III, on 6v it works perfectly the output is 4v and the ma is 1000, and here is a video of it mounted inside a hilt with resonance so you can hear what it will actually sound like. My resonance chamber was only .5in, with more resonace the sound is even deeper, but you can tell inside a hilt it sounds a LOT better.

Give the video a few min I just uploaded it so it might still be processing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4VuTkE7rpk
    Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.

awesome work dude, only one thing i dont like about it, the swing sounds sound like the frequency is set to fast on them, they need a bit of slowing down. other then that its an awesome board.
    does it have ramping of the led for on and off?
    a wise man once said "dont try to be a great man....just be a man"

Ohh and everyone really needs to stop asking when and where they will be availalbe for sale, I dont want to get banned from the forum.

What you could do is pester tim to carry them

I bet if a lot of his customers said they were intersted he would be willing to carry my boards.
    Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.

I don't know if Strydur would appreciate us "pestering" him lol but iirc he did ask once for suggestions on how to make TCSS a "one stop shop" for all our saber needs...and the one thing that has been a bottleneck in this hobby for years is regular availability of soundboards and in the months between Ultrasound runs we've often been forced to go outside of TCSS to look for them...if he carried additional sound board options [whether yours or makotos or whoevers] maybe TCSS could be that "one stop shop" year-round and I and I imagine others would certainly be willing to buy them through TCSS if he chose to do so.

[not meant as "soliciting" or 'pressure' Strydur just an observation imo].

I look forward to this but.... without some power regulation its not so attractive. I think if you maybe worked with Corbin to integrate your sound with his boards it woulod really be good.

Quote Originally Posted by sithlordfaust View Post
    I look forward to this but.... without some power regulation its not so attractive. I think if you maybe worked with Corbin to integrate your sound with his boards it woulod really be good.
    Yes but if I integrated my board with corbins, or if I installed flicker and onboard regulation I would have an ultrasound board, and that is not what I was trying to do.

What I am trying to do is produce a medium level board that outpreforms the fx board in every aspect, but keeps the same low price point.

And onboard regulation was not necessary because at 6v input the default ouput is 4v and 1000mah.