Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: SaberSound 1.0 new soundboard prototype

Default SaberSound 1.0 new soundboard prototype

Hello everyone, im pleased to anounce the completion of my very own soundboard. The prototype has been created and programed, and the first production run will be completed withen one month.

When planning this board I realized that there are allready 2 high end soundboards on the market in the form of the ultrasound and crystal focus boards, however anyone hoping to get a mid level board either has to dissasemble an fx saber or install a cheap economy board. The SaberSound 1.0 is an anwer to that dillema.

The SaberSound 1.0 features

Higher volume than an fx board
    10 clash sounds, and 10 swoosh sounds
    An input voltage of 3.8-10v so it CAN drive luxeon V leds
    Momentary style button, press once to turn on, hold for 2 seconds to turn off, so no accidental shut offs!
    Demensions 1.1 Wide 1.5 Long .25 Deep
    And best of all, the price will be set at only 59.99!

Here is a video of the prototype wired up to a luxeon III red its just a short video to intraduce everyone to the board. When the production run is completed I will do another video, and have a board installed in a hilt so you can hear the resonance.

Test VIDEO outside hilt
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVLOn_NWpSg

Resonance test inside hilt VIDEO
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4VuTkE7rpk
    Last edited by airsoftmode; 07-18-2009 at 11:21 AM.
    Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.

Sweeeet board SF!!!! Nice work!!

(O_O)>o====7--------------------
    Join the dark side!
    ................When they're sleeping, take the browies and cookies and the IMAX TV and run!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome. Well done. Your work continues to impress. A great solution for those of us who don't need all the bells and whistles, but want quality sound for a decent price. What's the ouput current going to be?

Well done, but unless you have some deal with Tim you might be treading close to dangerous waters posting up prices and stuff here.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Finally a board that is affordable.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Leximus View Post
    Well done, but unless you have some deal with Tim you might be treading close to dangerous waters posting up prices and stuff here.
    Actually I was wondering if Tim would consider stocking it, but I wasnt sure how to go about proposing it, I know he stocked ultras soundboards so I dont think he would be oposed to it.
    Not as clumsy or random as a blaster, the lightsaber is an elegant weapon, from a more civilized time.

that looks cool. very well done. looking forward to hear it in a saber.

Quote Originally Posted by vargose View Post
    Awesome. Well done. Your work continues to impress. A great solution for those of us who don't need all the bells and whistles, but want quality sound for a decent price. What's the ouput current going to be?
    here are the currents so far, they are not regulated so you are going to have different currents depending upon your input and load.

With a 3watt led

4.5v input output is 2.9v and 250ma
    6v input output is 4v and 1000mah *this will be the ideal input for lux III k2 seoul and cree*
    I still need to test a lux V, but I assume the input voltage to drive it effectivly will be between 8.5-9v

choice! we can all use a soundboard sturdy as a hasbro that doesn't crash when you step on an eggshell. good show.

Does the swinging effect the LED? When you shake the board for swinging sounds it looked like the led flickered.