Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: SaberSound 1.0 new soundboard prototype

Quote Originally Posted by Jagahati View Post

It is not as if it is easy to direct drive a Lux V off of a MR board or Hasbro board. And that is what he is designing his sound card to compete with. I personally love the idea of getting a soundboard that as far as i can tell is better than an MR in almost every way at half the price of a saber that I will have to gut.

Well said. Me too.

We shouldn't be too frightened of direct drive...once upon a time, when there were things called "bulbs" inside, ALL 'flashlights' [not glorified and without sound] that some of us oooolde-timers made 'lightsabers' out of back in 77 when it was "Star Wars" [NOT "A New Hope"] were run on direct drive [using huge monstrous batteries called 'D cells lol].

It may seem 'primitive' to the newer generations...but it worked.

Once ASM has completed testing voltage drops across his board from various battery configurations he and we will surely know how to direct drive various LEDs effectively through it...in return for that simplicity of approach we get a soundboard that sounds good but is much cheaper and may become more regularly available than if it had a more complex driver solution incorporated...imo that is a very wise design tradeoff on ASM's part.

Well well, a sound board that really won't break the bank. Most interesting. Looking forward to it.

Also, I agree with some of the people, the swing and clash sounds are too high pitched. You can make them sound lower without decreasing their speed (duration). If you reduce their pitch by half they should sound pretty good.

That's my 2 cents

Maverick
    New people, read here first. It will answer a lot of your questions ->http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=6430

hmm... i'ld like to see a comparison between this and makotsai's new prototype soundboard... makotsai hasn't released any infos on price though, his is probably gonna be real expensive.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Firedrops View Post
    hmm... i'ld like to see a comparison between this and makotsai's new prototype soundboard... makotsai hasn't released any infos on price though, his is probably gonna be real expensive.
    What?!?!? Those are two entirely different sound boards.
    Plus they are made at opposite ends of the world.

It is very rude to talk about someones elses' (sp) board when airsoft just got his made.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

How is that rude? He wants a comparison...what's wrong with that? Wouldn't you compare different soundboards before choosing one for a project? Makes sense to me.

Maybe we should leave the policing to the mods...just a thought.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

I really cant stand all these people who jump on the 'bandwagon'..

the might be good..great in fact for all I know.. however, it desnt mean people shouldnt ask questions or know what they are buying. Alot of the memebers here would 'the creek' without a paddle if it werent for others bothering to get details and figure out alternate wiring methods..etc..

if someone was asking for his source code to flash their own chips.. yeah I could see how that would be crossing over the line into trade secret stuff..

asking who made his sound boards for him... (unless of couse he designed, created and coded everything hmself) .. and other details of the board isnt really that big of a deal..

everyone knows Nova Conceptions created the US board... what kind of secrets did that give any of you?

if he didnt want questions.. he could have kept it quiet..and silently emailed Tim..or put it on is website.. Im sure Tim would need some details about it himself before stocking it here.. even a manual or something.. if you want to use the community here because it is larger than most..be prepared for questions IMHO..

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

As long as people aren't talking about ordering these, unless Tim ends up stocking them, and they don't talk about pricing for this or any other boards, I see no problems about asking questions. Knowing what you're getting is a good thing.

Though getting someone to take comparison pics can sometimes be more difficult. Firedrops comparison question here would require ASF/SF to acquire a Makoto Luxeon board.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I meant more along the lines of members asking questions about the board..features.. what its based off of...etc.. and people 'up in arms' about it be a trade secret or spilling the beans on a 'secret recipe'..

so I didnt mean the mods were saying no questions.. Im saying other memebers/owner not wanting to answer.

yeah if Firedrop wants to send SF/ASM a Mako board to compare.. I'd read the review..

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Yeah, disclosing the basics about the board should be done, IMO. Those should not be kept "secret". And there's only so many ways to do certain things, it's not magic.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I like it, well done.
    "Run when you have to, fight when you must, rest when you can."