Thread: Cheapy Hasbro Wiring Diagrams

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Default Cheapy Hasbro Wiring Diagrams

The old Hasbro wiring diagram thread has become too full of comments to really clean, so I'm starting a new one. This thread will remain locked. If you have a diagram that you want put in, PM me with the diagram. In addition to the diagram, please provide as much detail as possible about what saber the diagram came from. Hasbro has tons of sabers out there, we need specifics! Also, make sure your diagram is good quality, not something with curved wire lines and a pixelated image.

To start, here are Tim's original ones. This is the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Let me start off by saying that this design is not approved by Corbin yet. I modified his drawing to show how to hook up his driver (the 3w driver I sell) and the hasbro sound modules I sell with only 1 momentary switch. I have tested this and it seems to work great but try it at your own risk. One nice side effect that I liked is that if you tap the switch very fast you can get just corbins driver to turn on for those times you dont want sound. Of course you need to tap it again without triggering the sound to set it back to normal. Only takes a minute to master but can be confusing. If you dont want the clash effect (which only seems to work some of the time) just dont hook up the 2 pink wires. I have only tested this with up to 6v and do not know if higher voltages will work.

Here is a 2 switch setup thanks to Cain.

This one was provided by GrimaOllak
    Last edited by Lord Maul; 07-17-2009 at 12:52 AM.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Credit goes to Jay Gon Jinn for this diagram.

This is a schematic of a basic Hasbro board from a 1995 Darth Vader:

I added wires for the switch and also a seperate lead for the positive to the led:

The finished board, ready for use:

This would be best used with a Micropuck driver wired to the led leads, using a Lux I. These boards come from Hasbro sabers using 2 "C" batteries, and will run on 2 "AA" batteries.

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Credit to Flyerfye

Here's a Hasbro Obi-Wan Force Action saber for you. This model has the added bonus of a tiny clash sensor built right into the board. (How convenient and space-saving!)

It'll take 6V without blowing up, and at that input, outputs about 5.5V to the LED leads, so make sure you put a resistor on there if you're running it straight off the board (that is, with clashflash).

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Credit to Vargose.

Credit goes to Lonewind.

Vader Hasbro Flash On Clash Saber

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thanks to Matt Thorn for these diagrams.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Credit goes to Matt Thorn.