Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: reverse sound, multiple speakers and soundboard sound power output

Default reverse sound, multiple speakers and soundboard sound power output

So I've been thinking about reverse sound lately and it occured to me that if one did create a reverse sound saber with holes in the choke [I think it was LDM pioneered this?] one could still mount another speaker in the normal position if one wired them both up to the sound output...two speakers = twice the sound eh?

But then I started wondering how much power does the normal TCSS premium speaker use relative to the power output of the soundboard sound...if the output was twice or more than the speaker uses then maybe that could work but if the TCSS premium speakers are near the boards maximum output then you'd just get half the sound from each speaker and no worthwhile improvement for the greater complexity.

I know how much power the various cards [MR, Ultrasound, CF] put out for LIGHT but how much do they each deliver for sound, absolute and relative to the TCSS premium speaker we widely use?

Am I off on another of my crazy ol Canucklehead tangents here or does this notion make any sense?

The premium speakers are 8 ohm 1 watt, the hasbro cheapies are 8 ohm 1/8 watt, other than that you have to parallel them so not to create to much resistance to the audio amp of the soundboard you are using.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

two soundboards, one for each speaker. i shall experiment with two cheapy hasbro boards. one jedi, one sith. should result in some nice "fake" stereo, no? i shall try this.

*slight hijack and finding* sounds pretty cool. i was under the impression the cheapie vader would have a sith sound but it is not so, i discovered. sounds like double tracked guitars(one panned hard right, the other hard left)
    Last edited by tinfoilhelmet; 08-20-2009 at 10:47 PM.

I would like to try this as well, only with a single US 2.5 using 2 speakers. If the combined volume is the same then that's fine but it would be nice to disperse sound more.

I had similar thoughts about the possibility of mounting a speaker both in the choke and the pommel. My only worry with bi-amping a pommel would be eliciting different sounds per trigger within a given sound font. It would have to be 'stereo' to sound right, either both speakers driven off the same board, or adding a small solid state amplifier of sorts in the chain between the board and the speakers. However accomplished, I think it would be the best sounding option. Also, sandwiching a portion of the pommel between two speakers should have an effect on internal air pressure and thus, resonance. Don't know what effect it would have or two what degree, but it merits investigation imho. Might have really good results with such a setup. It has had my curiosity piqued.
    Last edited by Graindog; 10-16-2009 at 04:47 PM.

Well I have a staff that I'm building that will have two speakers running off one Joe Jedi 616 board. The Blade Led's will run off a Corbin board and the crystal chamber and sound off the 616. I have every thing to finnish it except time. I have to finnish a special project that I have been working on with Erv and Novastar, Then My JSS limited then the staff.

So I will be eager to see your result or you will see mine, when I'm done, I'm guessing mid Nov.

I have forward and pommel sound on my Mandalorian Crystal Saber. I used one speaker but the sound is equally loud from both ends. I thought about using two speakers like y'all are talking about but thought that the power drain would be too much. What I did was make a "speaker box" per say. I used a pvc (black) tube closed off both ends with caps that are found in the odd parts section in Lowes. Make a 1/2 hole on each side and used a cones made from the end of a cheap funnels. It really does not take up much room. Mine takes about 2 1/2 inches all together.
    Just an idea that works and it saves power.
    God bless!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4931&dateline=1255697  195

Quote Originally Posted by Amptrooper View Post
    I have forward and pommel sound on my Mandalorian Crystal Saber. I used one speaker but the sound is equally loud from both ends. I thought about using two speakers like y'all are talking about but thought that the power drain would be too much. What I did was make a "speaker box" per say. I used a pvc (black) tube closed off both ends with caps that are found in the odd parts section in Lowes. Make a 1/2 hole on each side and used a cones made from the end of a cheap funnels. It really does not take up much room. Mine takes about 2 1/2 inches all together.
    Just an idea that works and it saves power.
    God bless!
    Sounds interesting... I'd like to see that setup outside the saber....

KI-ADI-MUNDI on FX-SABERS.com

Quote Originally Posted by beggarsoutpost View Post
    Sounds interesting... I'd like to see that setup outside the saber....
    I should post that. I'll do that when I change out my sound board soon. Hoping for a CF!!!! Fingers crossed!!!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4931&dateline=1255697  195

Council Member
    Jedi Master

LIke mentioned above, you either have to wire the speakers in parallel or use 2 4 ohm speakers rather than the 1 8ohm.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS