Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there speakers any better than the ones that Tim and Erv sell?

Default Are there speakers any better than the ones that Tim and Erv sell?

My second speaker has just blown within 2 weeks. I know these premium speakers are supposed to be high end, but they keep on fitzing out on me.

I've heard about some ipod speakers. Are these suppossed to be any good?

Right now, I'm just gonna go and snatch up a couple cheapos from Radio Shack, cause I can't really aford to drop $6 everytime a speaker blows on me, which seems to be happenning more frequently than I'd like. In total, I believe I've lost 5 speakers to this.

you must be doing something wrong, I have only heard of 1 dead speaker, but that 1 was defective to begin with.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We need a little more info on why your speakers are blowing (voltage etc)

I LOVE tim's speakers and haven't had any problems with them. they make a huge difference compared to the hasbro speakers.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

They just stop working.

I turned on my saber last night and heard this aweful didstorted sound. Rebooted it, and the sound came back on but very tinny and buzzy. Then today, it just died. No sound. Same thing happenned with another one 2 weeks ago.

It's driving me nuts, and I wish I could pinpoint the problem, but I just don't know.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

That happened to me once with a CF saber. If you're using CF, try turning down the volume on the board. That fixed my problem.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Yeah, it's a CF, and yes, the POT is about halfway down. I'm experimenting with a 36 mm speaker I canabilized off a old pair of headphones. Sounds better than any speaker I've heard thus far, but it is a tad on the quiet side. Need to figure out how to mount it and resonate it, then I'll see about adjusting the volume.

question for you,

are you wiring the battery positive to the speaker like in a mr but with the cf instead? if so dont i tried that b4 and blew 3 speakers that way, it somehow creates a short to the speaker and it melts the voice coil.
    a wise man once said "dont try to be a great man....just be a man"

I too love the shops speakers... But on the non serious side you could get a nice spendy pair of Bose headphones then gut those! lol jk

What about those 36mm speakers? Anybody know where to find those?

These 36mm headphone speakers have alot more base, but there is not much in the way of loudness. Definetly want to see what those would be like.

Only 2 people that I know off the top of my head and are really good with speakers & CF (non TCSS speaker wise) and that is Jay-gon and Novastar (along with others but I see that they use "other speakers" than most) so try them!