Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How does it Work?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You explained that pretty well. Maybe he'll get it now.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Halleluja ! I had understand by the XL97's explication....
    Thank You very very much everyone and sorry for have been So slow....
    I'm really sorry about keep don't understanding for ages...
    It's okay now, I have just to make thread in the hole, Excuse me for that but, thread in french (with a traductor) isn't exactly the same thing, A thread is a wire in French so...It was a little bit strange for me...
    So Thank you very very much for all yours explications, and I'll promise, I 'll show you my saber when it will be finished (And i have to know how we do thread in hole, I think I have saw tutorials on the forum).
    Merci Beaucoup !
    Bye !

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Glad you understand now. Sometime the language barrier can make simple things very difficult. I look forward to seeing your saber.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

If you have any more questions that the language seems to be causing difficulties, just PM me.
    Je parle francais, alors je peux traduire pour vous.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael
    It's okay now, I have just to make thread in the hole, Excuse me for that but, thread in french (with a traductor) isn't exactly the same thing, A thread is a wire in French so...It was a little bit strange for me...
    As mentioned, sometimes language differences can make things a lot more confusing than they would normally be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael
    So Thank you very very much for all yours explications, and I'll promise, I 'll show you my saber when it will be finished (And i have to know how we do thread in hole, I think I have saw tutorials on the forum).
    Generally, you drill a hole that is slightly smaller than the threads. You then use a tool called a tap, which you insert into the hole you drilled. As you turn the tap- basically screwing it in- it cuts threads into the inside of the hole. Remember that when you're cutting the threads, that material you cut away needs to go somewhere. Thus, you need to periodically 'unscrew' the tap to get rid of the loose bits of material.

As far as the tutorial, yes, there is one on the forums. The link was posted by cardcollector in post #15, but if you missed it, here it is again. If this seems like too much trouble, you can always have the hole drilled and tapped by someone else. For example, if you're ordering MHS parts from the store, there is a drilling/tapping service provided, for a small fee. If you're only doing it occasionally, then this is probably a better choice than doing it yourself, but if you're going to be doing it a lot, then investing in the tools and taking the time to learn how to do it makes more sense.

OKay, That's perfect, I'll try to buy tap at a shop (Mr Bricolage....), and if everything goes right, I think my saber will be finished tonight (so aproximatively at Mid(d?)ay...
    """If you have any more questions that the language seems to be causing difficulties, just PM me.
    Je parle francais, alors je peux traduire pour vous. """

Je pense que ça va bien m'aider !So once again, thank you for everything !
    RDV Tonight...

OKay, so..There just a ittle problem, it's that I have take a Extension of 5' to do a main body so the Battery holder is too, Long(?) . So I'll try to find another way... So, I'll see tomorrow, sorry for the late(?).