Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I think I have all of the parts..

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post

I do have a regular latching switch on that saber, in fact, the mom switch I recommended doesn't work with the bezel because the button has to be pushed in further than the bezel allows you to do with your finger. But that mom switch does act like a latching switch, if you read the description.

Yes the set screw does stick out of the blade holder a little bit, it's not the exact length of the thickness of the aluminum of the blade holder, it's a little longer.

But it's a lot more unobtrusive than a thumbscrew with a big knurled knob on it.

Don't get me wrong, I still use thumb screws, this saber has one on it and I don't think it detracts too much from the look of the blade holder.

This one also has that latching Momentary switch, since it doesn't have the bezel.
    Thanks, I'm probably going to use a thumb screw so my saber wont be to plain, how to i add a D-ring or a button for the convertec clip if i dont have a drill/tap?

You could have Tim drill and tap a hole for you

(O_O)>o====7--------------------
    Join the dark side!
    ................When they're sleeping, take the browies and cookies and the IMAX TV and run!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh really? I thought that was only for a blade retention screw haha

Yeah I think it is.. You could buy a tap and a tap handle and tap it yourself.

Join the dark side!
    ................When they're sleeping, take the browies and cookies and the IMAX TV and run!!!!!!!!!!!!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Nope. He'll drill and tap screw holes where ever you want, you just need to tell him where, and make sure he knows what thread size they are for. I guess he was only using the blade retention screw as an example for the service.

In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Banned Sith Lord

i dont know much about the recharge port or the puck.... ask LDM he knows ALL

Oh ok, well the buck puck i understand, but the recharge port i dont its getting a lil past over my limit on money so im not gonna use a recharge port, just some rechargeable maybe lithium AAA batteries, im used to taking them out and putting fresh ones in anyways haha

Here's the tutorial I used to wire up a recharge port.
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...+port+tutorial

Join the dark side!

Banned Sith Lord

oh dak thats a way better scematic nice work dude. well drakoniam were waiting.... get to building your saber. ! lol.

Thanks but im not going to use a recharge port, maybe on my next saber. And i will once my choke gets back in stock!! haha, hey check out my vids on youtube. I just made a video on how to "make" an ultraedge
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrapBagProductions