Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Mandalorian Saber

Thumbs up

YOUTUBE VIDEO!!! I wanna hear that star wars birthday card!!

Strong work with this saber! I like the overall design and the bantha skull work kicks butt!
    LOCKHEED

That saber looks great, very good job!
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

i love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maven View Post
    Very cool color pallete! what era Mandolorian were you inspired by?
    It's time line is just before the Jedi Civil War. The character in the comic's name is Kaysh Aarray. It means His Pain in Madalorian.
    Here a drawing I did of him. It is based off of another drawing that someone did of a knight. I drew it to suit my needs. I just needed something to show the artist that is helping with the comic. We still need another artist too. Fun project for anyone who can do good comic style art.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    Great Job! I am Really impressed!

How did you wire in the SW theme song? That would be awesome to do!
    It was easy. I cut off the metal bar that connected the batt. to the power terminal. Soldered a wire to the batt. terminal that came with it (it's replaceable). Soldered a wire to the positive connection terminal and then connected both to the switch. And soldered to the speaker.
    There you have it. A light saber that plays music.

Quote Originally Posted by Amptrooper View Post
    I used Foredom high speed rotary tool.
    What kind of bit?
    "vibrations within vibrations, traveling at the speed of color"

"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

Quote Originally Posted by darthdan View Post
    What kind of bit?
    I used several types of bits for this. I use a several drill bits of different sizes to make my starts and then I use carbide metal cutting bits. again different sizes depending on the need. After the cuts are made I use grinding stones to smooth the edges so that I don't get cut when using it. It takes a while but I think the work comes out well in ease of use and overall quality.

that's some hardcore cutting for that mando symbol. great job, sir

Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    YOUTUBE VIDEO!!! I wanna hear that star wars birthday card!!

Strong work with this saber! I like the overall design and the bantha skull work kicks butt!
    I have to wait until my new computer get here. This lap top I am on is from 1998 and can't handle video. It should be here later this week. I have found that I am going to need to wire it to the battery pack as the little lith. batt. that is on the sound card does not last very long. Right now it sounds like Star Wars on a slow warped record. Maybe next week I can replace the batt. and get a video of it running good. Good thing is that when the batt. is dead in the Song the saber sound is not effected.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Added a red ruby button.COLOR]