Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Can I use a 3/4 inch blade for LED

Very cool saber. We have all the room in the world now that I see where your going. With the EL setup you could have the emitter completely in the top so the only thing going down in the copper area would be the end of the 1/4" male along with the female end of the jack and 2 wires.(Copper section could be around 7/8" to 1 inch) Or have everything in the emitter area so you just have wires coming through but the emitter may have to be extended a bit. That center section would be an awsome place for the inverter, which means you have the whole body to load what ever electronics you could think of in there.
    With the LED setup I would go with extending the emitter enough to fit the blade holder/lens holder. With having the blade go all the way to the center section you would lose most of your cool flaring effect that the LED produces, which we have already established isn't going to be quite as good with a 3/4" setup. That of course still leaves a ton of room in the body for Corbin board, sound, whatever.
    Did I say very cool saber yet? I like it[^]

<center></center>

*Bows*

Thank you gentlemen. Compliments from those here mean a lot to me. This design was the first I thought of and the only non-functional saber that I have made. Others were made with the assistance of my friend Blademistress Jedi Loreen Shadowchaser, who revealed the secrets of EL to me. Ok, then....I will try to go with the FX sound package, LED package in the front emitter section, and corbins board for the special effects. I will use a 1 inch blade with Corbins film in it by 40 inches with an 1/8 wall. Now I have another problem. The 3 AA battery pack is not strong enouch to run the sound and Corbins driver board. So what do I do now? After I figure that out, I still have to decide who will build the bloody thing for me.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS

to run corbins board you use more than 3 batteries. refer to the wiring schematics area and look up the corbins/sound board wiring. he uses 4 or 5 batteries.

The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Thanks....that helps.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS