Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vae Victus

Default Vae Victus

Here is my newest saber. This is the second one I have made if you don't count my girlfriend's, it is just a simple MHS saber with my powder coating so I didn't post pic's of it.

This one has a two layer shroud cut from two different thicknesses of 1.5" sink tube. I used a Dremel to make all the cuts and then filed and sanded the shroud pieces by hand.

I then powder coated the shroud and MHS pieces 2 different types of black, one a super gloss black and the other a matte black. I think the effect turned our rather well.

The internals are a US 2.1 powered from two trust fires. A accent Led was wired parallel to the main LED you can see it under the second part of the shroud. The LED is a Lux III Amber, I may switch it out for a red or red/orange in the future though because I am not totally happy with the color.

My camera has a "Feature" to auto adjust the color levels of pictures, as such I apologize for the picture quality and differences in lighting. With features like these who needs bugs. Anyway here are the pics.

All and all I am pretty proud of how it turned out and am looking forward to my next one.
    Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment. -Jim Horning

The beatings will continue until morale improves. -KMFDM "Free your hate"

Sweeeeeeettt saber Jag!!!!!!!! I've said that before but this diserves it also!! Awesome job <--- (Lots of smileys for this coooool saber!)

(O_O)>o====7--------------------
    Join the dark side!
    ................When they're sleeping, take the browies and cookies and the IMAX TV and run!!!!!!!!!!!!

very nice shrouds. Was there a sale on the swiss cheese emitter? It seems like most of the latest creations have used it and used it pretty well. Nice saber!

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterDak View Post
    Sweeeeeeettt saber Jag!!!!!!!! I've said that before but this diserves it also!! Awesome job <--- (Lots of smileys for this coooool saber!)
    You always have lots of smilies. Period.

Great job on the sinktube. It looks great!
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

i agree with titoshi. that's a rockin shroud. rock on, sir

Looks good, do you have a picture of it in normal, bright light? i kinda want to see the details... looks awesome!

Grey Leader:Standing By.

Recruiting now. Contact me for Emblem.

DONATE YOUR LIGHTSABER TO THE FIGHT AGAINST AUTISM!!! ASK ME HOW!!

That is one sweet piece of work. Your shroud work on that thing is incredible.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

I tried some close ups but the didn't come out like I wanted (they blurred probably because I moved DOH!). Ill try some more tomorrow when the sun is out.
    Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment. -Jim Horning

The beatings will continue until morale improves. -KMFDM "Free your hate"

Thumbs up

Dude, agreed..... rock on!
    LOCKHEED

Nice shroud.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."