Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My First Lightsaber Hilt Design: Blades of Atrisia

Master Napaal Luhaas

Default My First Lightsaber Hilt Design: Blades of Atrisia

I have recently joined this forum and have found it to my liking. I have been a Star Wars fan since my early childhood and had always dreamed of owning a lightsaber. As a small child, I would take part in role-playing games with my friends set in the Star Wars Universe, playing as our favorite characters and re-enacting battles and scenes we had seen in the first trilogy (Episodes IV, V, and VI)...

Prior to joining this forum, I had one of my "sudden urges" to own a lightsaber -I have, in the past, thought of building my own. Quickly sucked into this urge, I began searching the internet for a place or website that created custom-built lightsabers. After awhile, I came across The Custom Saber Shop. There, I found the MHS Builder. I am an admirer of the Jar'Kai lightsaber dueling style and am a user of said style as my Jedi alias, and so decided to assemble dual lightsabers. This is my design:

The Blades of Atrisia

I wanted them to be sleek and simple, yet regal in style. The pommels, the grooves in the hilts, the chokes, and the grooves in the blade holders are all powder-coated with Sun Gold. The switch holes are of the "standard" style, while the switches themselves are polished stainless steel non-illuminated latching anti-vandal switches, with anti-vandal switch bezels.
    Last edited by Master Napaal Luhaas; 07-12-2009 at 01:07 PM.

Those really look AWESOME!!!! I really really like them!!! I would maybe change the hilts up a bit and have a different blade color on one. Other than that those are sweeeet!!!

(O_O)>o====7--------------------
    Join the dark side!
    ................When they're sleeping, take the browies and cookies and the IMAX TV and run!!!!!!!!!!!!

welcome, NL. like dak said, you've got a solid design. however, you may want to look into getting a saber design that is simple and you can practice with (building-wise). now, i don't know the extent of your building or soldering skills, but go ahead and get your feet wet before you go and buy matching sabers with electronics and powder coating. just a thought. rock on

Master Napaal Luhaas

Thank you, Master Dak. I truly appreciate the compliment. Though, how do you mean "change the hilts up a bit"?

Master Napaal Luhaas

Thank you. I appreciate the advice, Mat. However, though I am relatively new to "The Saber Scene", I am one of artistry and electronics, among other things. When I was very young -at the distaste of my parents- each and every birthday and/or Christmas present I received that held any electronics of any kind was taken apart. I have had experience in soldering, and have always been one to analyze, to see how things "tick". I think that I should be fine in terms of the electronics layout of my sabers.

Also, I -actually- thought of this design as simple -these are meant to be just something to "start" me off. My true designs for custom hilts are far more advanced than these. The designs of which I speak are of a plan far more elaborate than that of these. Though, these hilts are a "bit" out of my reach, currently...
    Last edited by Master Napaal Luhaas; 07-10-2009 at 07:33 PM.

awesome. then you should be good to go. sorry if i came off like a d-bag. you never know with some of the homies on here. with your background you should do just fine.
    Last edited by Mat Katarn; 07-10-2009 at 07:32 PM.

I meant maybe you your hilts could vary in desing a bit. If you like them the same, keep it like that!!! I'm just like you when you were a kid!!! I love talking things apart

(O_O)>o====7--------------------
    Join the dark side!
    ................When they're sleeping, take the browies and cookies and the IMAX TV and run!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is great to see a new guy join and know what he's talking about!

I can't wait to see those sabers made!

Do you know how you are going to get a purple Color? I recomend A seoul P4&Tim's colored disks!
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Hello, and welcome to the board!!!

And also, Your sabers look awesome, and to satisfy everyones advice...

No one said you had to buy/build them at the same time, (though it may be easier...)

Good luck, and you sound more then capable of handling some simple LED stuff

Grey Leader:Standing By.

Recruiting now. Contact me for Emblem.

DONATE YOUR LIGHTSABER TO THE FIGHT AGAINST AUTISM!!! ASK ME HOW!!

Master Napaal Luhaas

Ahh, Dak, I see... Yes, I will keep the designs identical -they are Jar'kai dual sabers. Let me explain (I apologize if you are already familiar with this style)- the lightsaber combat style of Jar'Kai utilizes the use of two sabers, wielded simultaneously. They are a pair, and for the reason that they are to be built as sabers for the Jar'kai style, their designs are identical.

-As a side note, in the Star Wars Universe, Jar'Kai was actually a city on a planet named Atrisia (also named Kitel Phard) (I named my hilts as a tribute). Jar'Kai was the birthplace of the Jar'Kai dueling sabers (identical, duel-wielded swords) and their style, both created by the Yovshin Swordsmen before the invention of lightsabers. The Jar'Kai lightaber combat style is named from this.