Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lightsaber Training and Dueling

N.E. Oklahoma here.

The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I see a couple of your members own Ultra Saber S5's and seem to be very pleased with them. You know, those are built with parts from The Custom Saber Shop.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by nyjedi

We got the crew upstate. We're all over!
    http://www.nyjedi.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

Seriously, we really want to network this all over. We already know a guy in Texas doing this that we're trying to coordinate with. People in DE, MA, IL, MD, NJ, PA, CA, and in Europe asking us about the dueling too!
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I can attest..I joined NYJedi just before I found this haven. I'm in MD/PA, and have been itching to meet up with these kats.

They seem to be about their business..'nuff respect.

You don't need to see any identification.

I live in NWMO meself, and I REALLY want to join a lightsaber dueling group. Anywhere I can look them up?

I am 1/3 High School student and 2/3 SITH LORD.

South Central Illinois, here.[xx(]

Im new to saber dueling; I got my first MR only a few months ago. I now own 3 single blade MRs and the double-bladed Darth Maul. I have never studied any fencing; however, my apprentice and I used to train together in Jujitsu (I was several belts higher than he was, which is why that makes him the apprentice ). He and I are used to rough sparring and we go at each other with these sabers. Just sharing some of our experience so far dueling with a single blade vs two blades vs double blade. Each truly has its advantage, even holding a single blade against an opponent with double blade or two singles. The majority of the kills we usually make involve cuts to hands, which would have meant losing the hand in a 'real' situalion. The only safety gear my apprentice and I wear are gloves. We have discussed looking into paintball masks or something, because I have thrust into his eye and throat; he also has landed blows to my face. Happy to report no groin shots yet. When using two single blade sabers, I personally hold the blade in my right hand up, and in my left the blade is pointed down. I have found some effective combos using this method. For a more defensive posture, holding both blades up and crossed in front is good. Im still getting used to the double blade, it is longer than the staves we practiced with in Jujitsu. Some of my martial arts techniques dont work with a double blade because they require that one slide one's hands up and down the staff and grip it more towards the ends. One move that I try, that sometimes results in my death, is rushing my apprentice and crossing sabers at the hilts; then I use a sweep kick on his legs. Its very cool when it works, but its risky. Thats all I have for now.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Happy to report no groin shots yet.

bah, where's the fun of a saber duel without a good 'ol bash in the cojones?

"Nothing's over until we decide it is...was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!!!!"

Ya got that right. Sometimes I think that is where my boy is going for, thinks its the quick kill or something.[B)]

<center></center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Darth Cannabis

Im new to saber dueling; I got my first MR only a few months ago. I now own 3 single blade MRs and the double-bladed Darth Maul. I have never studied any fencing; however, my apprentice and I used to train together in Jujitsu (I was several belts higher than he was, which is why that makes him the apprentice ). He and I are used to rough sparring and we go at each other with these sabers. Just sharing some of our experience so far dueling with a single blade vs two blades vs double blade. Each truly has its advantage, even holding a single blade against an opponent with double blade or two singles. The majority of the kills we usually make involve cuts to hands, which would have meant losing the hand in a 'real' situalion. The only safety gear my apprentice and I wear are gloves. We have discussed looking into paintball masks or something, because I have thrust into his eye and throat; he also has landed blows to my face. Happy to report no groin shots yet. When using two single blade sabers, I personally hold the blade in my right hand up, and in my left the blade is pointed down. I have found some effective combos using this method. For a more defensive posture, holding both blades up and crossed in front is good. Im still getting used to the double blade, it is longer than the staves we practiced with in Jujitsu. Some of my martial arts techniques dont work with a double blade because they require that one slide one's hands up and down the staff and grip it more towards the ends. One move that I try, that sometimes results in my death, is rushing my apprentice and crossing sabers at the hilts; then I use a sweep kick on his legs. Its very cool when it works, but its risky. Thats all I have for now.

Well, it is definitely appreciated. Welcome to the forum. I am not as esteemed as some of my fellow posters (you'll be able to figure out whom yourself within a few viewings), but that does not dim my enthusiasm for Star Wars, lightsabers, and dueling with 'em. I'd recommend checking out the related thread in the Misc. Topics forum.

Again, welcome, m'friend!

You don't need to see any identification.

I don't know how I missed this thread:

Welcome to the Orange County Star Wars Society Lightsaber Training Class.

These classes meet on Wednesday nights from 630pm to 930pm and on Sundays from 2pm to 5pm.

Equipment needed: gloves and close toed shoes [no sandals] Other recommeded items: comfortable clothing that's not too baggy, but that covers arms and legs. Shinai [kendo style bamboo practice swords] or EL or LED lightsaber [we do have spare shinai's on hand]

I will attach a link to our home site for more information.

http://boards.theforce.net/orange_co...23/21855210/p1

I just noticed the thread for the locations has been locked. The location of the Wednesday class is:

Twila Reid Park

(714) 765-5191
    3100 W Orange Ave
    Anaheim, CA

If you need directions, let me know.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS