Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: need a sink tube blade holder

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by sLocsta View Post
    well it is in a kit unless you can link me to the part (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/12...der--P269.aspx) all I want is I have anything else I just need that.. TCSS won't sell it separately and I don't want to order the 'kit' so pretty much what I am getting at.
    I think you are too involved in semantics. This is not a kit. Both aluminum pieces are part of the Blade holder/LED module. The only reason they are separate in the picture is to illustrate what is involved in adding the actual LED. Even if you already have a heatsink, just buy the whole blade holder. So what if you end up with an extra heatsink, because if you stay in this hobby, you just may need it later anyways. Believe me when I tell you making one will not be easy for you if you have to ask how.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

lol Thaxos the pic is awsome
    "If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal."

Quote Originally Posted by Dahi Esmeva View Post
    lol Thaxos the pic is awsome
    Bit off topic in here, but thanks. I think you can figure out why I made it my sig...

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thaxos, don't flame new guys please. We want them to feel WELCOME. Everyone has a couple first questions that are bad. Give him a chance. Remember that YOU were new once (and are still pretty new).
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I would suggest just buying the 1.25" sinktube LED/blade holder if you want to use a 1.25" sinktube. If you are complaining about the price, maybe this hobby is not for you as it is not an inexpensive hobby to persue. A heatsink alone is $7.50, that means the holder portion is about $14. I doubt very seriously you could make one yourself for less than the price of the whole kit. If you want to use 1.5" sinktube, you will probably want to use any of the standard bladeholder and the MHS to 1.5" sink tube adapter. This will give you a different heatsink but will fit inside the sink tube properly. Really, if price is your primary concern, there isn't any simple solution to your problem. You will just have to suck it up and experiment to get what you want.

thanx for the responses. figured i'd might have to buy it... wasn't the price that was the issue just was tryin to see if there was an alternative but looks like i'll have to buy it and gives me reason to get a few other parts