Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Koda Vonnor Saber v2.0

I'm jealous of your emitter shroud. It's just what I wanted to do with mine originally, but I decided at the time it wasn't feasible. I really love what you've done there with just the right number of accents and powdercoating. You've given me some good ideas I may have to steal.

I would also keep the clamp box and I'm not a fan normally. I think it bridges the design well between PT and OT influences. I like this one alot, well done.
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

how did you mount your activation box

Hey O.B... Glad I could inspire, but I can't take credit. The belt hilt was inspired by a Sluis Van lightsaber contest entry a few years back. I just added the clamp and greeblies mostly.

Lex, it's far from done.. lol I'm now weighing the costs of a bench mill against a drill-press so I can mount everything properly.

Z, the box is from Parks Sabers. The little black&gold Anakin-style coverplate slides out and there's two holes under it that go through to the hilt body.

~ BC
    It's not how you move your saber...
    it's how you move yourself.

Banned Sith Lord

interestin. so is there a switch in there as well?

There's no switch anywhere on the hilt yet. That's one of my dilemmas, what to do about a switch.

In order to properly credit the original artist, and to maintain inspirational geneology...

I had to dig (through 5 USB sticks) but I found pix of Trevor Lemon's (Aestivalis from Blaster Builders Club) Darth Skyba saber. Trevor had entered it in a Sluis Van lightsaber contest many years ago, where I first saw it. It became the primary inspiration for my original belt hilt.

You can see that the MHS fluted grips are a return to the original design over the raised T-track grips I used. The two cowls were directly copied from this design.

More detailed pix (credited to Trevor) available at my PhotoBucket.

~ BC

That looks really good, Koda! If you stick with the clamp, there are ways to install an on/off switch in those, especially a momentary for an Ultrasound or even a Crystal Focus Saber Core from erv.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Does the CF support a "hold-it-down-a-few-sec" type of shutoff logic?

Actually it has an off protection feature that will prevent you from accidentally shutting off the saber. The CF uses two buttons, one for power on/off, and another for the auxiliary functions. The off protection requires both buttons to be pressed to turn the saber off.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.