Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Koda Vonnor Saber v2.0

for these speakers it doesnt matter what side is positive and what side is negative, the pads on the left are for one side of the coil and the 2 on the right are for the other side of the coil. so if the pad you tore off was on the left then resolder to the inner pad on the left, but if it was the inner pad that u ripped off and had the little tiny wire that goes to the cone of the speaker your speaker is no more lol.
    a wise man once said "dont try to be a great man....just be a man"

Thanks Pip. It was one of the outer two pads that got torn off. I resoldered the lead to the pad next to it so I should be good to go.
    It's not how you move your saber...
    it's how you move yourself.

no prob koda
    a wise man once said "dont try to be a great man....just be a man"

Not a big fan of the clamp but otherwise... Awesome Saber!

wow! I love it!

Well, I got the battery today (Kant Lavar was kind enough to sell me his extra one) and spent the evening soldering up the connectors. I got it all wired up and went to test it...

nada.

No light-up, no "Hi welcome to ultrasound two point five" no nothing.

I checked and the board is getting 7.84v. Checked the snappy-switch and it works good. Unpluggd the connectors and re-connected them. Was about to give up and send the whole mess to Do-Clo to get it working, when I tried the tactile one more time...

BAM!! The main LED fired up. Hit the tactile again and the LED started flickering slow... again and the flickering got faster... etc... When I realized I was actually running through the US2.5 setup sequence with no sound, I unplugged the battery.

I guess I really did fry the speaker during all the stupid noob tricks I documented earlier in this thread.

Oh well... off to the store for another speaker. Starting to hate this hobby.

Anybody have any other ideas, or how I can be sure if the speaker is toast?

~ Bill C.

Quote Originally Posted by Koda Vonnor View Post
    I guess I really did fry the speaker during all the stupid noob tricks I documented earlier in this thread.

Oh well... off to the store for another speaker. Starting to hate this hobby.

~ Bill C.
    Hey man it happens to the best of us, I fry'd a speaker on my CF saber somehow and I have done 3 different setup so far.

Just remember that when its done you will have the self gratification of "Hey I built my own saber", yes you will know every mistake but that is something to get over.
    Last edited by Hasid Lafre; 09-24-2009 at 10:17 PM.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Yeah I guess you're right, Sid.

I mean what's another twelve bucks on an already-over-three-bills project.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey, don't feel discouraged it happens to everyone...

Like I have redone the wiring in the current saber I'm working on THREE TIMES!!!!

I almost threw the electronics against the wall but figured I didn't want to spend all that money again...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Koda Vonnor View Post
    Yeah I guess you're right, Sid.
    Thats the spirit!

It will pull through, just keep chuggin along.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics