Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Koda Vonnor Saber v2.0

Hey! I recognize that battery! As I said before, Awesome saber, Koda. Also, if you're willing to cut the life of the LED from 100,000 operational hours to 75,000, you can overdrive the Lux V LED at 1000 mAh, which on the UltraSound translates to the Lux III setting. Took me a couple days before I figured that one out... *facepalm*

On the wire thing, J-Lo, he's not alone. When I was putting my latest build together (I'm gonna put up pics and stuff one of these years, I promise!) I noticed I was doing the really-long-wires thing too. I think part of it is just that some stuff has to be wired in permanently, and the only way to do that may be to wire things up through holes in the hilts. At least, that's what I found myself doing.

Nice job, Koda! Looks good to me!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

First saber build.

Didn't know about wire length.

I can shorten most of the wires - If I ever want to disassemble the bad boy - It's squeezed in rather snug at the moment and seems to be working. While trying to get it all to fit I found I could partially assemble the tubes, leave the fluted section unscrewed (it's a totally smooth-bore inside) and reach the connectors between the ribbed and the fluted.

I was thinking I'd have to assemble all the tubes except for the pommel and slide everything up in from that point. Again another stupid-noob trick there.

It's working for now, but knowing me I'll still re-do the wires and put a plastic liner in the fluted section (isolate the board from the body).

Kant, thanks for the OD tip! I'll try that later today (gotta love the on-the-fly software programming). Should get a couple more lumen outta the bin2 cyan-o-green.

Will that still pump 7v to the LED, since it'll think there's a Lux3 out there?
    Last edited by Koda Vonnor; 09-29-2009 at 03:32 AM.
    It's not how you move your saber...
    it's how you move yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Koda Vonnor View Post

Will that still pump 7v to the LED, since it'll think there's a Lux3 out there?

Yup. It's a driver. Beyond the sound, think of it as a glorified buckpuck.
    It'll put out a consistent current (mA) on any given setting, but the LED will draw whatever voltage it needs, as long as the voltage is available (Battery pack has to have enough.)
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Looks badass koda!
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Here's an update. Finally this week I received the last two MHS pieces to make it look more like the original concept. Swapped out the main handle and pommel for a 4" Deep fluted double female and a MPS-11 Pommel. The handle was acquired back when TCSS was still doing anodizing on their parts, then hand brushed down to the aluminum on the high surfaces. Now the handle and emitter shroud are the same diameter and look much more balanced.

~ vonnor
    It's not how you move your saber...
    it's how you move yourself.

Looks great. 7 years from concept to execution. That's the patience of a Jedi.