Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Koda Vonnor Saber v2.0

Default Koda Vonnor Saber v2.0

For the past few years I have been thinking about building a LED saber in the same style as my belt hilt...

Last week I placed an order with Tim for a bunch of MHS parts, some of them with custom mods. I cannibalized the belt hilt and put together a test-fit. Here's what I came up with...

These are just mock-ups with parts tacked in place with double-sided tape. Do-Clo's Rahm Kota saber shows the scaling (about 12.5 in.). There will be a Graflex glass eye blade retention screw in the emitter hole opposite the knob, a recharge jack in the bottom of the ribbed section, and a covertec button in the center of the fluted section.

I've been training with Don's Kota saber for the last few months and have gotten used to the longer hilt; hence the longer scaling on the MHS build.

I have everything but the sound card. I'd like to rig up an activation switch in the Graflex box shown. Ideally utilizing the clamp in some way. Any ideas on this from the senior sabersmiths would be appreciated. I thought I remember seeing a review of a sound card that will take a momentary switch for power-on, and a "hold down the switch for a few sec" for power off. Am I remembering correctly?

I did extensive reading of these forums over the past week or so, but the shear volume of information is a bit overwhelming.

Thank you all.

~ Vonnor
    It's not how you move your saber...
    it's how you move yourself.

I like everything but the clamp box. Nice hilt.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Council Member
    Sith Lord

You are talking about an Ultrasound 2.1 (and yes it would work for that-see Artiglio and Adjudicator), but sadly there are none available right now.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    I like everything but the clamp box. Nice hilt.
    The clamp box isn't set in stone, I could put 3 button-head hex screws in it's place (similar to the Starkiller saber), but I'd have to figure a different switch design.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    You are talking about an Ultrasound 2.1 (and yes it would work for that-see Artiglio and Adjudicator), but sadly there are none available right now.
    Thanks LDM.

I ain't in no hurry, so I guess I can wait for another round of US 2.1's.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That saber looks like it'll be a lot more comfy without the T-grips the original one has, Bill.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Banned Sith Lord

i love it i think it looks awsome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    That saber looks like it'll be a lot more comfy without the T-grips the original one has, Bill.
    Yes ma'am, even though the belt hilt had the soft rubber grips, I like the new one much better. The flutes are cut very crisply.

I am considering replacing the clamp box with two black ridge strips similar to the Starkiller hilt and bury a slide switch between them. Just want some way to protect the switch. I do want a raised feature of some sort on the activator cowl, but maybe something with a lower profile than the box. I'm also a fan of activation mechanisms that don't look like switches.

~ BC

That saber looks wonderful, I think looks very good! Might I suggest putting a wrap similar to the brown sued on your Kota saber right infront of the box (mabye a black leather).
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

I'd keep the clamp. Really gives it character.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?