Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Battery Leak / Explosion

That is some good ol' fashion knowledge ya dropped on me. I really am a noob in the electronics field so I appreciate the wake up. I'm sure you'll be seeing more posts from me as I get a bit more ambitious in the "effects" and sound area, I'll also post some pics ta give all you helpers a taste at what you helped me to build. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    6 AA's won't give any longer of a runtime that 4 AA's unless two of the 6 batteries are wired in parallel. Most battery packs like the ones Tim sells in the store have all of the batteries in series, so you are increasing the voltage in 6-AA battery pack, not the current capacity. 6 AA's = 9 volts, and 4 AA's = 6 volts, but the same type of batteries in both packs will still die at about the same time.
    Actually it will running with a puck.
    Phil Higgins

I forgot he was running a puck....

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

This thread is full of bad info

A red lux 3 is rated for 1400mA so powering it with a 1000mA buckpuck is not the issue

When using a buckpuck he could be using 6AA or 20AA in series and the puck will still only put out 1000mA.

From your trial and error it sure sounds like the battery pack was shorting out somehow.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop