Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Attaching a light bulb...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Okay, you'd wire it in parallel, meaning it's seperate. You'd have four wires. Two for the EL and two for the LED.

Just like a Luxeon put a resistor and switch in between the positive wire from the battery to the LED. You figure out which resistor you'll need from an online resistor calculator.

The DPDT (double pull double throw) switch is the part where you'd have to pay attention. There will be 6 poles on it.

If poles are:

You put the two wires you have for the LED (positive wire that's been spliced for resistor and switch) on poles 1 and 2. The EL switch wires would go on poles 4 and 5. Poles 3 and 6 are left empty. You could do other combos too, but you must leave a pole open on each side and not the center one.

Now when you press the button on the DPDT it will turn on the LED and the inverter.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

great explanation x-wing wish that was the same for a hasbro/lux led setup/ i wanted a regular led light, to power up at same time as the hasbro board fired off the sound and lux. but do-clo hasnt figured that out just yet.

The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Lan I am working on something but I have some parts ordered. I think it will work but I don't want to say until I know it works.

Do-Clo
    Brotherhood of the Sith

Don't make me destroy you...

i know that do-clo, thats why i said ya havent figured it out yet. i know you havent gave up on that problem.

The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Could you post a diagram of what you mean? I really don't get words...I need to see. Thanks.

I am 1/3 High School student and 2/3 SITH LORD.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<center></center>

That should give you an idea of what goes where for the wires.[]

</center>

So you actually attach wires to the 9V hookup on the inverter? And those six circles...that's the DPDT right? What are those T lookin' things? (Gee, and I thought EL was confusing...)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

No, you wouldn't directly solder the wires to the 9V. The easiest thing would probably be to split the existing 9V connector on the inverter and split each wire into a Y shape.

The "six circles" is the DPDT (double pull double throw). That's what they look like on diagrams. The "t's" represent how it works. A DPDT is like two SPST's (a normal pushbutton) working off the same button (the "t's show that they are connected and work simultaniously).

</center>

Okay. I think I got that now. So I would attach another LED by attaching the one lead to the switch, then one to the negative battery wire. Right?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You could do it in series. Instead of going straight to the battery pack put a short wire to the next LED and then to the battery. Of course you'd need to get the right resistor, but you can look that up online.

</center>