Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Comic-Con Lightsaber

yes. you can basically put it wherever you want. you just have to drill the hole and tap it for the screw.

Quote Originally Posted by JamoUp View Post
    yes. you can basically put it wherever you want. you just have to drill the hole and tap it for the screw.
    oh ok, I was just afraid of stripping any groves if I put it near the pommel. thanks

Just make sure when you drill and tap for the CT knob that it is in a thick part of the hilt, away from the threads for the pommel.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That's a hard hilt style to put a Covertec knob on so that it will sit evenly.

I suggest this switch for your kit: SPST Push on/off - Momentary switch. This switch works as a normal latching on/off switch with one difference. When off you can lightly press to momentarily turn on. When latched on if you accidentally tap the switch it won’t momentarily flash off.

A buck puck is a good choice, it will use your battery power more efficiently and won't bleed off the excess voltage as heat. Get the 4 wire 1000mA one. The wires are labeled, it's easy to wire up without getting confused with the extra wires.

You really should have been doing more reading here as you were putting your parts list together.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

honestly, if you are just going for a belt hanger prop, why don't you just skip the electronics instead of rushing them. I know that it lighting up is awesome, but without the blade, it is just a flashlight. I am not trying to discourage, but it would just suck if you fried some parts or even yourself rushing to do something you have never done, not to mention it can be very discouraging. My advice ,really, is to take your time with the electronics, and if you don't get it wired in time, you still have a nice prop to hang from your belt. good luck and I can't wait to see the finished product.

Quote Originally Posted by nesyad View Post
    if you look at the image of my MHS saber build, I have the clip right near the blade holder.. would it be possible to have it closer to the pommel and how would I need to do that...?
    Nesyad, here's an idea for carrying your saber.
    I made a stable rig that doesn't require a clip on the saber.
    I created a tension holder out of 1.25 in., 160 psi, thin walled PVC. I just cut about a 2 in. section of the PVC and then cut a section out lengthwise according to how much tension I wanted. I sanded it up, painted it and attached a Covertec clip to the back of the PVC (drilled & tapped hole for Covertec screw) and that attaches to the belt. I also attached a strap with a snap to secure it until ready to use. Just like on a gun holster. This rig allows me to draw faster with my finger already on the button, not having to worry about unlocking the Covertec locking levers.

BTW Thaxos, the solder sleeves are sold in quantities of 100. So buying 1 is actually buying 100 for $32.50, 2 for $65 and so on.
    Yoda always said there would be days like this.

alright I ordered my parts, hope everything goes smooth only got one more week. I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.

and thanks again everyone!