Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does TCSS provide building services?

Default Does TCSS provide building services?

Can we like, use the MHS, get the parts we want, then ask the staff at TCSS to build/assemble them for us? if yes how much would that cost?

No, Tim does not have an assembly service. He just sells parts. If you want help wih having one assembled, look on the Fx-Sabers forums, there are people there that do that sort of thing.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You can't screw your own parts together yourself?

Or is it the electronics you need help with?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Firedrops View Post
    Can we like, use the MHS, get the parts we want, then ask the staff at TCSS to build/assemble them for us? if yes how much would that cost?
    Dude, that's where the fun is, putting it together yourself.

IMAGINE !!! Lighting up a saber for the first time that you built yourself. Hearing that electronic hum, idle and clash. (Chills just went down my spine)
    You won't ever forget it. Besides, if someone asks, you can say you built it yourself. Learning this is fairly simple. All the info and experience is right here in this forum. Try it. Like it you will. Good luck.
    Yoda always said there would be days like this.

Does anyone know a Book that would help me learn a little about electronics and wiring? I know i can read it all here... but I like having books to read.

thanks!

Grey Leader:Standing By.

Recruiting now. Contact me for Emblem.

DONATE YOUR LIGHTSABER TO THE FIGHT AGAINST AUTISM!!! ASK ME HOW!!

There are plenty of books available, check out a library or a book store, I'm sure the people there would be able to find you plenty of resources.

Every Padawan must build their own lightsaber...it's one of the Trials...then, as Obi-Wan said to Luke "you've taken your first step into a wider World". LOL

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

*Ahem*, it's "larger world", not wider.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    You can't screw your own parts together yourself?[SIZE=3]

I agree with Hideous. I can only imagine so far what it must feel like to assemble your own saber. But still...

I think for some folks, like myself, who don't trust their abilities with wiring (never done it once in my life)....it can seem really intimmidating.

Is it all really as hard/complicated as it looks?

"In this real world of ours, there is indeed a real Force...a true power, the proof of which is in every living thing - and that power, that Force, starts with the Cross."

I was fairly intimidated about the wiring even after reading a TON here on the fourms...I asked questions, read online and even watched a few youtube videos...after that i knew i had the idea of soldering down...but not having any real life experience had me a little worried..

I burned myself pretty good, and had to repair my wiring a couple times since building the thing...but overall the process went EXTREMELY well. you just have to get educated and then practice on some spare bits of wire to practice

Don't worry, its easier than you think and we are all here to help
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~