Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Broken Mace ROTS-Please Help!

Default Broken Mace ROTS-Please Help!

Hey all, I was hoping someone here could help me. My Mace ROTS FX simply stopped working about a week ago and I cannot figure out why. The blade is intact, as is the hilt. When I shake the hilt I can hear a slight rattling, it is an unusual sound. It sounds like something is loose, but I have no idea what it is. Any ideas? I REALLY want to fix this, I love my Mace. It would stink to lose it

A slight rattle sound (like some very small BB’s) is normal; those are the components on the board. Anything more could mean a problem.

Has the saber ever been apart? Is it modified?

I would start with the battery/speaker pack and go from there. If the batteries are good and you check at the end of the pack and you have power and ground there, you’re going to have to disassemble the saber further to find the culprit.

Try here for directions:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...read.php?t=994
    Last edited by Logan Cade; 07-01-2009 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cade View Post
    A slight rattle sound (like some very small BB’s) is normal; those are the components on the board. Anything more could mean a problem.

Has the saber ever been apart? Is it modified?

I would start with the battery/speaker pack and go from there. If the batteries are good and you check at the end of the pack and you have power and ground there, you’re going to have to disassemble the saber further to find the culprit.

Try here for directions:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...read.php?t=994
    Thanks for the reply. No, the saber has never been modified. I just took it apart up until the point where I can pull the LED strip out. How would I check ground and power? Could it be a problem with the battery pack? The power from the batteries is not making it to the electronics inside, that's all I know for now.

You’re going to need a voltmeter and you need to check between Positive A and Ground and Positive B and Ground to see if you have about 4.5 volts.

Quote Originally Posted by jonk12690 View Post
    Hey all, I was hoping someone here could help me. My Mace ROTS FX simply stopped working about a week ago and I cannot figure out why. The blade is intact, as is the hilt. When I shake the hilt I can hear a slight rattling, it is an unusual sound. It sounds like something is loose, but I have no idea what it is. Any ideas? I REALLY want to fix this, I love my Mace. It would stink to lose it
    i have never heard a small rattle in the 2 mace sabers i have had but thats just me a soldered bit on the board could have fell off that would be my guess...

well u wouldent lose it really if the guts are fryed then u have room to convert that bad boy

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

I had a problem with my mace, where it would stop working. the problem was the battery pack wasn't connecting to the electronics very well. i put a quarter between the battery pack and the pommel, to push the batteries down a little more and now it works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by JamoUp View Post
    I had a problem with my mace, where it would stop working. the problem was the battery pack wasn't connecting to the electronics very well. i put a quarter between the battery pack and the pommel, to push the batteries down a little more and now it works like a charm.
    I will most definitely try this out. I noticed at the top of the battery back it seems like one of the three spots where there is a solder connection, either it is two seperate wires entirely, or a broken one. I am going to take it to my digital electronics professor, he has agreed to take a look at it. Thanks for all the advice guys, keep the tips comin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cade View Post
    You’re going to need a voltmeter and you need to check between Positive A and Ground and Positive B and Ground to see if you have about 4.5 volts.

UPDATE: I have further examined my lightsaber. Here is what I know now:

1) The battery pack works
    2) The power is having trouble reaching board

When I connect the battery pack to the receiver, most of the time a brief sound will emit from the speaker, then it stops. A couple of times the lights came on with it, but they stopped as well. The whole blade lit up once, so I know it can work. The power is simply not being transferred properly, and I think it's the receiving end to blame. Any ideas on why this is occurring?

Sounds like a bad connection... Thing is, it might not be very easy to spot. Check all the power wires where they are soldered for bad joins.

that sounds exactly like what i posted above. push the battery/speaker down with your hand, with it on. does it turn on?