Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My first MHS (sort of) with a bunch of pics

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very impressive for a first!

Can't wait to see it lit up, what blade color are you planning on using
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

wow! Thanks for the compliments everyone. The emitter DOES sort of resemble an old machine gun. I never thought of that. I'm glad you all like it so far. The weathering tutorial I used was awesome. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

I've got a luxV cyan bin 2 for it. As soon as Erv has his next batch of CF boards ready, I'm gonna get it lit up.

Can any of you think of something I should add to the design of the saber or do you think that it's fine where it is? I'm going to put a bargraph inside the hilt with a cutout. I've also got a low profile illuminated anti vandal switch coming (blue ring) for the main power switch.

I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks everyone

I think get the bar graph in, then leave it. Anymore & you're just doing too much to it...
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Yeah, I think you're right. I'm going to search for a bargraph that I really like and then leave it alone.

I found a low profile anti-vandal switch online. It's a lot shorter than the one's here at the store, so I won't need the big box to put it on the saber. The ring will illuminate blue. I used one of Tim's bezels for the switches he sells. It works perfectly. Here's a couple of pics of the new switch.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Where did you get that!!!!
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    Where did you get that!!!!
    I don't want to be rude to Tim since this forum is attached to his store, so I can't say where I got it. I can say that they're made by a company called Lamb Industries. You can't buy from them, but you may be able to find a vendor that sells them. Here's a link to the switch with the specs on Lamb's website.

http://www.lambind.com/switches/anti...ches/pv6.shtml

Looks great! Maybe Tim will be able to work something out so he can sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasten Skywalker View Post
    I don't want to be rude to Tim since this forum is attached to his store, so I can't say where I got it. I can say that they're made by a company called Lamb Industries. You can't buy from them, but you may be able to find a vendor that sells them. Here's a link to the switch with the specs on Lamb's website.

http://www.lambind.com/switches/anti...ches/pv6.shtml
    Maybe you should email Tim the place were you got it. He may decide to stock them.