Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first MHS - Short hilt, no name

Post My first MHS - Short hilt, no name

Here is my first MHS saber:

I really like the combination of the curved choke section and the number 11 blade holder. The hilt is fairly short because I used a 5 inch ribbed extension in place of a main body. The guarded switch is mounted in the pommel.

The electronics is a royal blue lux 3, buck puck, and 4xAAA battery holder. No sound

I put some photos of the completed build in the gallery:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...&postcount=132

Not particularly a fan of that blade holder, but the overall design looks very comfortable to wield. Your hilt is nice as it is, and it would look even better with some detailing/customizing on your part, any plans on that?

And, congratulations on putting together your first MHS!
    Last edited by Vazan Maceu; 06-30-2009 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Default Customizing

I just got it assembled yesterday, and it does still need work. It needs polishing at a minimum, and I'm going to do something with the grooves in the grip eventually.

If I can locate some rubber cord the right diameter I will glue that into the grooves for a nice comfortable grip. If not, I'll just put paint in the grooves for contrast. (I decided to not have the part powder coated for my first attempt; if the paint wears out of the grooves, that's just "character"...)

The grip is actually more comfortable than you might expect. I tried to keep the lines smooth and simple, as if it were meant to be a 'pocket' lightsaber. (Well, more of a hidden-in-the-sleeve-of-a-Jedi-robe lightsaber.)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That saber doesn't look that short to me.

I'm no fan of the "swiss cheese" blade holder, either. The curved choke looks nice with it though and it does look very comfy to hold.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

It has a nice flow... and I don't think it's that short either...... I'm working on a build using most of the same parts right now different emitter though...

KI-ADI-MUNDI on FX-SABERS.com

Again, not a fan of that blade holder, though it's a very smooth looking hilt. I'd powdercoat the grooves, and really buff the rest up sometihng chronic!!! That hilt deserves to be ultra polished!!!

And it's nice to see a new Darth on here that reads before posting, and has work to show for his research!

Congrats dude!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Looks awesome!!

(O_O)>o====7--------------------
    Join the dark side!
    ................When they're sleeping, take the browies and cookies and the IMAX TV and run!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barmic Rin View Post
    And it's nice to see a new Darth on here that reads before posting, and has work to show for his research!
    Read before posting... Read before posting... Where have I heard that before? Oh yeah, it's on every sticky and nearly every thread on the forum.

And still the noobs manage to fail to understand it!

It'll probably end up with shiny black in the grooves and a polish so bright it'll hurt your eyes to look at it. (Oh, so that's what those little cottony things are for that came with the Dremel tool...)

To those who say it's not that short: Well, it's two inches shorter than it would be if I had used a 'standard' length main body. Someday I may make a lightdagger from a 3" extension and a pair of trustfires...

I kinda like that bladeholder with the curved choke...never thought of that combo...interesting...

The build looks far better than the saber builder pic. I think it flows quite nicely and the holder is good as it allows for a nice light effect.

Good build. Real shame it doesn't have sound. Someone correct me if i'm wrong but if you had a MR board you'd not need the buck puck to run the led, then you might be able to get sound. It may not be as bright but....
    Then you could reverse mount the speaker and put some holes in the choke.

I've just wired up a MR Vader to a green lux 3 and it lights up nicely. I fooked the speaker tho so waiting for a replacement. Woopsie.