Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jedi of the Gray Council

Gi's are good but a lot of people use them. I used an all black Kung Fu top because it has the Mandarin collar.
    Darth Flatulous

In my opinion, you need to think more along the background you are going to have on your character's costume. They might stick to the more formal Jedi style robes, or they might just wear 'ordinary' citizen clothes. I'll bet you could create some pretty wicked outfits with a backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaxos View Post
    In my opinion, you need to think more along the background you are going to have on your character's costume. They might stick to the more formal Jedi style robes, or they might just wear 'ordinary' citizen clothes. I'll bet you could create some pretty wicked outfits with a backstory.
    That's what the LI and NY Jedi do. We create our own characters and just rock out from there. First and foremost, we hafta make sure we can fight in our costumes as we are doing shows.
    Darth Flatulous

My two pence. Being that I have always liked the idea of a jedi that strays close to the dark side, that would be my theme. I currently have ideas for a grey jedi costume.

I think that armor is a must, but you should also have a cloak.

Jedi Rangers lightsaber holster is excellent, for me a jedi who walks a fine line between the light and dark would have his lightsaber ready to fight with.

Lightsaber color woould either be amber, orange or purple.

Maybe add a mask. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_mask

I should point out that you guy's are mis-defining "Gray Jedi", from everything I could find about the term it refers to jedi who don't follow the council's orders, and has nothing to do with a particular set of beliefs. In fact the only movie example of a gray jedi is Qui Gon Jin who was a believer in the living force, he believed that the force would guide him to where he needed to be, but it was up to him to discern what he needed to do, and disagreed with the jedi council because he thought they relied to much on the force for insight (he was right it allowed palpatine to hoodwink them).

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I always saw Grey-Jedi as Jedi that belived the force was neutral. It was all how you decided to use it. The didn't follow the Jedi Code because of all the restictions and politics involved in it.

IMO A grey Jedi is good, But can use "dark" force powers.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    I always saw Grey-Jedi as Jedi that belived the force was neutral. It was all how you decided to use it. The didn't follow the Jedi Code because of all the restictions and politics involved in it.

IMO A grey Jedi is good, But can use "dark" force powers.
    no that's a specific belief set known as the potentium, they were considered Gray Jedi, but based on their disagreement with the council, not on their specific beliefs. They were eventually expelled from the order, by none other than yoda.
    Last edited by Darth_DevilGuy; 07-07-2009 at 02:22 PM.

Hello All,

First time on the forums and I am very glad to find a thread pertaining to the Grey Jedi. I myself have designed my custom character around the mythos of the Grey Jedi. My character is trained in a way though some might either find intriguing or odd. I was at Dragon*Con 08 in my first attempts that I look at now and think... WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING? Apparently my LED modified paintball helmet also either intrigued or turned away some people. None the less, time for some formal introductions. My name is Brandon, but when in costume/character you may call me Master Drexx or just Drexx. Balyn Drexx was a character I thought up about six years ago and I can finally bring him into full fruition complete with a storyline, costume, props that relate to his storyline and of course a personality. I hope that some of you will be coming to D*Con 09 because a group of us that sparred there last year have started a group called Swords of the Force Alliance: Saber Duelists. It is a customized character/costume group where you can go as far as you imagination takes you. We try to find locations to spar in and just travel around the grounds at night recruiting people to duel. Just something fun to do as a Jedi or Sith. JVit, great idea with the Grey and you have my support.

May the Force be with you...
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi

Welcome, Drexx.

I've been working more on my costume as of late, and I'm finding some things that I will be doing with it, maybe some ideas for you to go off with.

Currently I have a white sleeveless karate gi that I'm using over a a hooded black t-shirt. I'm going to be working on the color scheme, which I'm not happy with right now.

However, I'm also working on sintra pvc armor to sit on my shoulders/chest/forearms/legs. I'm using some ideas from "The Old Republic" trailer, as well as the "Clone Wars". As soon as I get the initial sketches done, I'll start the construction and post pictures.

Regarding earlier posts talking about designing a character to a backstory, I have. There's a reason why my Gray Jedi is wearing battle armor and clothes that are closer to martial arts and fighting. It's not terribly complicated to figure out, but I'll let you guys be the judge.

Just an update, and again, welcome Drexx.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi

The wikipedia definition of gray jedi.

Some of you may have an interest in the Wardens of the Sky, that'll give you some flexibility...
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wardens_of_the_Sky
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?