Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My 'cellophane' diffuser

Default My 'cellophane' diffuser

Hi... You know me... i m the guy from Argentina that is always making questions... and i know what are you thinking now: What is he going to ask?... WRONG! I want to to share with you some pictures of my last experiment. I ve been reading the forum and i take a few ideas for the blade diffuser. So i went to a shop that sells plastic bags, papers, and that stuff and bought some 'cellophane' (i think that's the traslation, here we call it "papel celofán"). I spent 1 peso, for you U$D 0,30.
    This is what i get: (This is the first time i post pictures... i hope you can see them...)

The cellophane:
    [img][/img:2da8f88a48]

Inseted into the polyC tube (it's an acrylic tube):

I didn't wire my luxeon led yet, cause i don't have a heatsink nor the bladeholder, so i used this little "led laser" toy...:

And finally... this is what i get:

Pretty good for that kind of led, and the blade has no mirror on the top...
    I think cellopahne makes a good diffuser...
    Good luck!

If you want bigger pictures... i can post them...

Bigger pictures would be a big help these are a little too small to see much detail.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Right Lord Do-Clo is. Bigger pics we must have.

<center></center>

Here we go again... Bigger pictures... Now i ve learned:

The cellophane paper:

Into the acrilic tube:

The tinny toy i used to illuminate the tube (it is a mini led laser, i think it uses the smallest led, a 3w i suppose):

The tinny toy again:

And finally, the result:

What do you think?
    Remember: i m using a 3w led cause i don't have my heatsink and bladeholder yet, and there is no mirror on the top... Imagine the results with the luxeon led and the mirror... I'm too excited!!!

Much better the blade looks pretty good with the mirror installed it should blalance out the blade nicely.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Hola Chuber. Yo estoy usando también papel celofán como difusor pero si pongo dos hojas enrolladas se ve mucho mejor que con una o con tres. ¿cuantas estás poniendo tu y de que dimensiones?
    Saludos desde Peru.

Hi Chuber. I'm using clear wraping paper (celophane) as a blade difuser but I get the best result when I put two films instead of one or three. How many are you using? and what are the dimensions of them?
    Bye

Try scratching the cellophane diagonally with sandpaper or similar abrasives. It should work a bit better. I noticed you were using an acrylic blade. Would that change anything?

"There is no try, only dew" (do)

-Jedi Master Yoda
    Essence of the Force

Hi Luis... I m using just 1 paper. I bought just 1 for the experiment... do you say taht it work better with 2? i 'll try this and then i 'll tell you.
    The other thing: OB-1: i m using an acrilic blade because that is what i could get... The polyC tubes are more expensive and coludn't find anyone to sell me. This tube i have, has the same dimenssions the one Tim sells.
    Bye...[]

Ah Luis i forgot the dimmensions: it is 95 cm x 95 cm... almos a meter x a meter...

In spanish: Hola Luis... Estoy usando 1 film de casi 1 metro x 1 metro... voy a probar con mas de una hoja...
    Chau!!!