Thread: Prayer request.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Christian, so I'll pray.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Preston\My Documents\My PicturesThe cake is a lie.
    Official TCSS Noob welcomer.

Who could really go as far even to decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Thanks guys. This is a trying time for the youth group. it's not something we want to do but we have no choice. We're not giving up on them though. Jesus wouldn't give up on them and neither will we. I hope this works and they come back to Jesus. He paid too high a price for us not to at least try.
    Dark Siders beware my golden blades.

Gold 2 standing by.

as i am a christian they will be in my prayeres as well.
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

Having lost friends to alcoholism, I certainly hope that your friends do not develop a drinking problem. However, you seem to be drawing a link between their use of alcohol and their choice to be atheists. That conclusion could be viewed as ignorant, judgmental, and offensive by atheists like myself. One's religion is a deeply personal choice. No one should seek to make that choice on behalf of anyone but themselves. If these people are truly your friends, why not respect the choice that they have made, rather than wish to change their hearts and minds?

they are in my prayers as well.

what is the youth group called if i may ask?
    Last edited by Lord Maul; 06-29-2009 at 10:26 AM. Reason: double post
    ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE!
    Canto III of Dante's Inferno

Beware the Power of The Pope!

It is greatly to your credit that you are not giving up on your friends. However you might find that being confrontational in a manner that links your newly-atheist friend's new beliefs with his drinking in an accusatory manner might possibly be perceived by him as not respecting him choosing his own beliefs and thus might backfire and drive him further away from your group and towards more negative behaviours as well as further from Faith.

Perhaps addressing the drinking problems separately by themselves in a supportive non-confrontational manner may yield better results...if you try and turn the drinking issue into a Faith issue and he becomes resisting then you might lose whatever influence you still have.

I know you are concerned by what you see as him falling away from Faith into Atheism but it is also possible to fall back into Faith from Atheism.

I know because at one time I lost Faith and became atheist for a time but later found my Way again.

But I had to find it for myself and would only have been driven further away if people had been 'confrontational' with me.

One of the greatest lessons I have learned in 45 years is that no one can 'make' anyone else believe anything...and even trying to can push people away...humans ultimately choose their own beliefs for their own reasons not anyone else's.

I do hope you can help them both avoid developing self destructive drinking problems...and that someday he will find his way back to Believing...and I will pray for that.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I work with the youth group at my church and I will keep them in my prayers. There had to be something that originally drove them away and made them lose their faith. If you can find out what really happened and deal with that issue it may help them find their way back. Whatever happens do not give up on them and keep praying for them. Have a Blessed Day.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

if your friends really are christians then they will always be christians. John 10:29 says this; "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand."

I have seen some of my friends drifting away from the lord. Just pray that God will turn their hearts back to him, some people do, however, have to learn certain things in life after experiencing great loss or pain.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...