Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: can't find PolyC or acrylic tube

Default can't find PolyC or acrylic tube

Where I live it's near impossible to find a polyC or acrylic tube, what can I use as blade???

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Tim ships internationally

Madcow has made blades using golf club tubes (my memory is foggy on these), and a number of people use PEX tubing as well. There's a thread on that, I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=3102

I see that this is in EL blade discussion. If you want to make a EL saber, then both of my above ideas are useless...PolyC is the only blade idea I can think of for a EL based hilt.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Easiest way to do it would be to have TCSS just ship 4 or 5 to you then you will have plenty for all your sabers!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I'd like to add FYI that acrylic is not a good blade choice for any saber that might be used for dueling...it can shatter...so acrylic should only ever be used for display-only blades...therefore following LDM's suggestion of getting TCSS to ship you some polycarbonate tubing would be a much safer choice.

Thank you all for answer, I've been talking to the RMA girls at my work, and searching on TCSS site, the tube price and sheeping are about $30 but the importation costs are about $100, so it become a little expensive.
    (bad English, sorry )

Oh yeah import duties can be harsh...I wonder if nylon tubes would work with EL...they arent as durable as polyC for hard dueling but might be more available locally to you?

Some smiths have used them successfully for LED sabers but I don't know if they are EL-suitable.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by Onli-Won Kanomi; 06-29-2009 at 01:44 PM.

As I am in the process of doing, if you know someone in the construction business, they might have access to the places that would sell polycarbonate tubing.
    My cousin runs a construction firm and so I am going to be talking to him about acquiring some. They aren't really available to the normal consumer, but if you go through the right people, it is available.

carpio since i live in argentina i understand your problem cause i cant get polyc tube either but you can use a polyethylene tube (polietileno) which is a long lasting hard battling tube and its fairly cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    carpio since i live in argentina i understand your problem cause i cant get polyc tube either but you can use a polyethylene tube (polietileno) which is a long lasting hard battling tube and its fairly cheap
    Thanks for the idea Azrael, itīs also hard for me to find polycarbonate tube here at my location, so Iīll give a shot at polyethilene and see how it works! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Hola Azrael, gracias por responder, en que tipo de comercios se consiguen estos tubos?