Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Interesting......
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSWG View Post
    I know this thread is old, but I think I need to point out that it doesnt matter how well you secure the blade or set screw. There will always be a risk of LED exposure from the blade tip coming off.

As for the issue at hand, sound boards for EL, it isn't too far off.

I just made a deal that will keep the Empire out of here forever: a sound board that can run just about anything, including EL.
    Wait..what?
    Momma in law: If this printer keeps printing the same thing I'm going to spit nickles!

Me: if you start spitting nickles I'm coming over with a bucket!

Yeah interesting!
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSWG View Post
    I know this thread is old, but I think I need to point out that it doesnt matter how well you secure the blade or set screw. There will always be a risk of LED exposure from the blade tip coming off.

As for the issue at hand, sound boards for EL, it isn't too far off.

I just made a deal that will keep the Empire out of here forever: a sound board that can run just about anything, including EL.

*raises single eyebrow*

"Fascinating!"

errr, waitaminute, wrong franchise...

...aha...

"I've got a GOOD feeling about this..."

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

A board that can run EL too is going to need a decent sized transformer on it for that.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Yeah I'd think so too if he's planning to do it on-board. Couldn't he just have meant a board that would 'pass' through higher voltages than previously which could then be sent to the inverter normally sold here? Wouldn't a soundboard that could handle the high voltage of say a 4 Trustfire holder for use in running tri-rebels or LEDEngin 10Ws also be enough voltage for running EL? With a pass through to a normal inverter that is.

I'm hoping this means a soundboard that can "run just about anything, including EL" means significantly increased maximum voltage handling is on the way...if that makes sound easier with EL as well as the higher power/multi emitter LEDs then I'll be even more happy...I still want to go 'EL safety' with my 'youngling saber' design.
    Last edited by Onli-Won Kanomi; 09-16-2009 at 01:35 AM.

*inadvertent double post that should have been an "edit" deleted...this glitch happened a little while ago to me too...I'll try to edit again and hope it doesnt happen a third time*
    Last edited by Onli-Won Kanomi; 09-16-2009 at 01:23 AM.

good luck, dude. and thanks for asking the question. I wasn't there yet, but at some point, I woulda had if you didn't. seems someone has the force with them I'm also glad to see how much help is on here.

All Hail the Smile King