Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Are belts Necessary?

Default Are belts Necessary?

My first question is: Are belts necessary? After thousands of years, why have the Jedi and Sith not figured out better ways to carry their gear? Granted, Mando's just build it into their armor or contrive some spring/gas powered mechanism of death to launch an array of awesomness, but why have the Jedi and Sith ignored such technologies? Is it for the sake of simplicity? Why not cargo pants or an assault style vest or tunic with attachments for gear?

If there are armored Jedi, what is the difference between an armored Jedi and an Armored Jedi that straps gear to him or herself in lieu of wearing it on a belt? Just pondering my cosplay possibilities.

I would venture a guess at it being monastic simplicity.
    and as far as cosplay possibilities.
    with the new Jedi Collective group you can do what ever your imagination wants as far as securing you saber to carry
    and of course if your not gonna be in a group
    but for the Rebel Legion you HAVE to have a belt
    and mandos still have belts

Which is what I don't understand. Why must one have a belt? Simply for canon's sake? It is perhaps the reason I find more affiliation with the Sith. We don't care about looks as much as brutal efficiency.

Thanks for the input.

Regards,

DS
    We are all pursuing our convictions. The Jedi's truth is simply that which they desire to be true, as it is with us. In that way, Jedi are no different than we Sith, even if they would like to be. -Darth Shadox-

yes you HAVE to be canon to be in RL.

too bad there isnt a Sith costuming group that let you do your own thing. unfortunatley to be in the 501st as a sith you have to be one from either film,books, or games there are no non-canon or generic sith allowed, whereas the RL has generic Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by sithlordfaust View Post
    yes you HAVE to be canon to be in RL.

too bad there isnt a Sith costuming group that let you do your own thing. unfortunatley to be in the 501st as a sith you have to be one from either film,books, or games there are no non-canon or generic sith allowed, whereas the RL has generic Jedi
    hmm....maybe there should be....maybe there will be.
    We are all pursuing our convictions. The Jedi's truth is simply that which they desire to be true, as it is with us. In that way, Jedi are no different than we Sith, even if they would like to be. -Darth Shadox-

Why a belt? Gives you something to hang your lightsaber from.
    I'm not anti-social, society is anti me

Saber-carying member of the FSM,
    Barfly at the Intergalactic Kegger

belts are necessary because how else would you hold up your pants, keep all your fancy jedi gadgets, hang your lightsaber from, and belt those jedi younglings that begin to stray to the dark side...wait that last one ain't to jedi like...lolz ;P
    ...YUP!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Shadox View Post
    Which is what I don't understand. Why must one have a belt? Simply for canon's sake? It is perhaps the reason I find more affiliation with the Sith. We don't care about looks as much as brutal efficiency.

Thanks for the input.

Regards,

DS
    The Sith wore belts as well. They are black, like the robes, so they blend in, but the belt is always there.

Belts are just convenient, Cargo pants are annoying to wear when the pockets are full. Belts allow for maximum movement since they are in a non-obtrusive location.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

yeah i dont know if you've ever worn a combat vest...but i find it restricting for broad movements, i wear one when i play paintball...and plus if you go upside down at all it would slip and fall off. belts are nice.
    “What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Shadox View Post
    Granted, Mando's just build it into their armor or contrive some spring/gas powered mechanism of death to launch an array of awesomness
    I'm an OT purest, so in my mind there is only one mandolorian anyway, and Boba wore a belt.
    Last edited by TimeRender; 06-27-2009 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Correcting the spelling, my N key is damaged.