Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hand-and-a-half Saber

Quote Originally Posted by WhyNot View Post
    My trouble is figuring out how to do it with parts on this site and if i'll be able to fit all the guts needed inside as well as where to put a second switch for the "shoto" end. Might put the switch in the butt end of it so that it would make use of the opening in the pommel when separated.

I would think that if you wanted sound in both sabers you will need a saber bigger than 12in. Maybe 14in but prob 16in.

To save space I would look at smaller slide switches or having the nice ones mounted just below the led on both ends.

Then finally you'll need someone to make a good quick disconnect so the sabers come apart without a lot of fuss. One which will also hold the internals in and still look good. That's the really tricky part.
    Last edited by Invisas1979; 07-13-2009 at 09:48 AM.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak3d View Post
    I'm a big guy as well (6' 3" 300 lbs) and I think the 13.9 inch saber you have there may still be a bit small for you. If my memory is correct, the Anakin FX saber hilt is 13 inches long, so 0.9 inches really isn't adding a lot.
    It is actually 11'
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Default Sound

I'm not putting sound in this saber, this one is primarily for costuming.
    We are all pursuing our convictions. The Jedi's truth is simply that which they desire to be true, as it is with us. In that way, Jedi are no different than we Sith, even if they would like to be. -Darth Shadox-

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Shadox View Post
    I'm not putting sound in this saber, this one is primarily for costuming.
    Um, wouldn't sound in a hilt be more for costuming and conventions? You know, so you can show it to others and have them go ooh and aah over it? You don't really need sound in a saber for fan films (as that is added in post) or for dueling with your buddy in your backyard.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    Um, wouldn't sound in a hilt be more for costuming and conventions? You know, so you can show it to others and have them go ooh and aah over it? You don't really need sound in a saber for fan films (as that is added in post) or for dueling with your buddy in your backyard.
    True, but it all adds to the effect!
    personally as long as you have enough room for at least both of you hands to fit on the saber comfortly then your pretty good... but thats imo. some people like small hilts some people like big long hilts... Its all up to you!