Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro Darth Vader Conversion CF 4.0 – 10w RGB LedEngin.

Default Hasbro Darth Vader Conversion CF 4.0 – 10w RGB LedEngin.

This is a Hasbro Darth Vader saber I picked up around Christmas last year when Amazon was selling them for $50.00. I gutted it and used the TCSS Blade conversion kit. It has a CF 4.0 with some custom sounds fonts, 7.2v Ultrafire battery pack, 10w RGGB LedEngin with 5-degree optics. I kept the stock on/off switch and added some 5mm leds, an aux button and a 7 position BCD pushbutton rotary switch for switching colors.

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Hei...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNBuE...e=channel_page

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Impressive...
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Banned Sith Lord

wow that is so cool. what are the advantages of having a 10 watt RGGB instead of an RGBA? i have to get my self a CF. fo sho

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    what are the advantages of having a 10 watt RGGB instead of an RGBA?

I used the RGGB led because of the rotary switch for color mixing I was using. It only accepted 3 colors for mixing. Plus, running the 2 greens at the same time in parallel makes the green about as bright as a Lux V.

Banned Sith Lord

aah i see. is there a switch that mixes four? i am really wanting to use an RGBA for my senior project.

aah i see. is there a switch that mixes four? i am really wanting to use an RGBA for my senior project.

I haven't found one yet, other then a dip-switch set-up, but I'm still looking. I have one if those RGBA's also and I want to put it in a Mace Windu conversion I'm doing. The hunts not going very well, so I'm considering creating a module board for color changing using a PIC chip.

A Binary coded rotary switch will do just fine. Just make sure to get one with the correct number of positions.

Great conversion, I'm sure you love it.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Very impressive indeed. I have used those BCD rotary switches on a couple of projects and they are nice. Before the BCD rotary switch I was using a 5 or 6 position normal rotary switch and had some good results there too, but it uses alot of wiring.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    Very impressive indeed. I have used those BCD rotary switches on a couple of projects and they are nice. Before the BCD rotary switch I was using a 5 or 6 position normal rotary switch and had some good results there too, but it uses alot of wiring.
    Do you have any that you recommend?