Thread: my first saber project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default my first saber project

I have been a lurker on this board for awhile, reading and drooling over built hilts. Some great stuff on this forum and I wish I had the time, tools and skills to start making many of my own.

I have played around with several ideas over the past months and have settled on an MHS design and a sinktube design (influenced by the jedi sabe from TOR). I am planning on doing the sinktube design first and then possilbly the MHS.

This is what I have so far. I haven't picked a name for it, but will eventually end up with something suitable. I plan on putting in a Green K2 and slide switch in the activation box. I was never a fan of them, but think it will work on this design.

Although new to the wiring and soldering, a straight set up of battery pack, switch, buckpuck and led seems pretty simple so I am thinking about adding 2 accent leds to the center section. After playing with that, I am thinking about adding a seperate switch for the accent leds to stay on with the blade off and then later moving to either a MR soundboard or Hasbro Clone Wars board. So I am hoping this saber will give me a little progression in skills. I don't plan on doing a whole lot more to the saber, but may add little details here or there as I progress.

A couple questions that I hope I can get an answer for...

If I use the 1.5 sinktube adaptor, I know the 1.25 sinktune can fit inside it. When I slide in the 1.25 tube, will the threads on the pommel stop it by creating a lip, or will it slide all the way to the pommel itself?

I plan on using o-rings between the 1.5 sinktune and 1.25 sinktune. What size should I use to create a good snug fit to help hold it in place? I will be cutting a little window to give it a little dimenssion and look a little grip-like. I plan on using the poly washers on the outside of the 1.5 sinktube and found the right size for them.

I plan on adding updates to this thread as I start to work on this project and ask any questions or have you guys check out my progress I am making to offer suggestions on what I am doing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by duncan29793; 06-20-2009 at 11:10 PM.