Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Saber Forge / MHS parts - The Inquisitor has been ordered

Default problems with saberforge

Hi! I've registered in this forum because I've seen you were talking about saberforge. I too have problems with him. I bought one of his sabers through Ebay last march 14 and still no news about it. I only got apologies assuring me he would ship my saber next week. Last april 22 I asked him to give me back my money and I mentioned his bad reputation in certain forums. I got no more answers from him and I'm beginning to worry. Any advices? Any email address you know where I can try to cantact him besides his website?

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Sorry to say, but this forum is dedicated to the store that it is attached to and not really concerned with the antics of SaberForgery. We are a DIY community geared towards helping people build there own QUALITY sabers.

That said, I do empathize with your problem, as his crappy customer service tarnishes us all. However, there is ample warning about him out there, as you said, on the various forums. If after reading said warnings you bought anyway, well, I can't say that I feel any sympathy.

We put all the warnings we can, and caveat emptor on the various forums we all frequent. We can't do anything about him on eBay. Hell, eBay is even powerless as he just changes his name every six months on there to erase the bad feedback. He is now on his 4th username I believe. My advice to you is to file a PayPal claim if you still can and leave him negative feedback on eBay. If you waited too long past the 60 days (looks like you're close) then, well, sorry about your luck. You should have done something about it by now.

What you CAN do, if you choose, is stick around here and learn something of the craft and the people heavily involved in it. This way, you'll be better educated on building your own if you choose, or knowing who NOT to buy from if you aren't interested in building. good luck.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Good pics. I have had some similar issues with a saberforge, but anyway. As for the moving speaker and wires, after some battery changes, some wires may break, so I highly recommend to install a recharge port and almost all your problems are solved.
    I'd like to know if you have compared two similar sabers from SF, but one with LED driven by the soundboard, and the other overdriven with buckpuck, Is it worth the buckpuck ?

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    Sorry to say, but this forum is dedicated to the store that it is attached to and not really concerned with the antics of SaberForgery. We are a DIY community geared towards helping people build there own QUALITY sabers.

That said, I do empathize with your problem, as his crappy customer service tarnishes us all. However, there is ample warning about him out there, as you said, on the various forums. If after reading said warnings you bought anyway, well, I can't say that I feel any sympathy.

We put all the warnings we can, and caveat emptor on the various forums we all frequent. We can't do anything about him on eBay. Hell, eBay is even powerless as he just changes his name every six months on there to erase the bad feedback. He is now on his 4th username I believe. My advice to you is to file a PayPal claim if you still can and leave him negative feedback on eBay. If you waited too long past the 60 days (looks like you're close) then, well, sorry about your luck. You should have done something about it by now.

What you CAN do, if you choose, is stick around here and learn something of the craft and the people heavily involved in it. This way, you'll be better educated on building your own if you choose, or knowing who NOT to buy from if you aren't interested in building. good luck.

You are absolutly right, but you know at the beginning, I was like him and didn't know the very existence of TCSS (some of us are not from the core planets, he he he) and our first contact with the saber universe is sometimes through ebay. At first sight, SF sabers (on photos) look great for a newcomer. But now, with learning, efforts and time, and thanks to places like TCSS, we can now make the difference between SF problematics sabers, and top quality sabers like yours for example, or learning how to make your own

As Vlad Doon says, I'm new to the saber universe and I started looking for sabers through ebay. Sorry if I didn't post my question in the right forum, but it was only after I purchased saberforge's prophecy saber when I learned from his reputation and I thought I could get some advice here.
    Also, I learned about TCSS not long ago and I've been "playing" with your MHS builder. I'm considering to buy some pieces and start building mine. It will be just the hilt, for the moment, 'cause I'm unemployed right now. When that moment comes, hope you can supervise my work. Thanx and peace.

Quote Originally Posted by apuntopons View Post
    As Vlad Doon says, I'm new to the saber universe and I started looking for sabers through ebay. Sorry if I didn't post my question in the right forum, but it was only after I purchased saberforge's prophecy saber when I learned from his reputation and I thought I could get some advice here.
    Also, I learned about TCSS not long ago and I've been "playing" with your MHS builder. I'm considering to buy some pieces and start building mine. It will be just the hilt, for the moment, 'cause I'm unemployed right now. When that moment comes, hope you can supervise my work. Thanx and peace.
    You can use this time (before purchasing) to increase your knowledge and make concepts. You'll see, doing it yourself is sooo good. If I may give a bit of advice, have a look at the tutorials and schematics here, they are great.
    May the force be with you.