Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: MHS Choke Section #3

Chill. Re-read the post where I explained the issue with the blade stop. My intention was not to rain on your parade, just to explain why there are better ways to achieve the effect. I told you that yes, you CAN mill out the blade stop, but you still have two other problems to deal with. A second LED is a much simpler solution, and you're not going to have problems getting the LED colors to match. If this is going to be your reaction every time people share their experience with you, you won't be able to count on many of us to offer their advice. And just for the record, I understood every word you said just fine except for this little gem "I wanted input for the voices that know as to the need vs the simple act of LED positioning." Don't get upset with me for misunderstanding THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Abominor View Post
    Before the Mods hit the thread with a 'be nice kids' action, just know that when I ask a simple question like:
    .."does the MHS Choke Section #3 (curved neck extension) allow for the blade of a 1in poly to extend through the neck of the choke?"
    I would hope for nothing less than constructive Yes or No answers, maybe with the reason why attached. I got that from nearly everyone, and I appreciate the input folks.
    You are absolutely right, and I am sorry for looking beyond the immediate question to try to provide more information. From now on I will be sure to let you make your own time consuming and costly mistakes.

Thanx TR.. I'll be sure to ignore your bold and unkind HAHAHA's and "You can't do that.." answers without first knowing about what or why I am asking a question. Your silence will be most appreciated while others, as they did, answer my questions with little to no comments other than a request for a reason and suggestion of kind assistance.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Okay. okay...Just calm down in here...wait it is already calm...as you were then...

Okay as soon as I post the humorous response, I see 2 new pots of verbal sparring. DA, Timerender is a senior member here and was not attacking you early on. I simply posted an answer/ response to you because I was interested to see how this would go and it did seem like a descent question to me. TR is responding to your barbs at this point and this discussion is deteriorating. I think it is time that everyone cool off and lets just move on. If you will check around you will see that I make a point of doing the "un-doable" so my advice to you would be that you go ahead and try it. THe worst thing that happens is that it does not work and you are out a few bucks! THe best thing that happens is that you do something that no one else has done, and believe me that feels great.
    Last edited by Lord Dottore Matto; 06-14-2009 at 09:29 PM.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

hehe. I am going to mock a PVC version of this build first, in order to determine the basics are sound. TY LDM for the attempt at a cool-down assist.
    Last edited by Darth Abominor; 06-14-2009 at 09:34 PM.

I apologize for the laughter, it wasn't directed toward your idea, just toward the sentence you wrote. I found it amusing. I never once said you couldn't do it, I just asked you why you would want to. I was the ONLY person to explain how you would actually accomplish what you set out to do. I was NOT the only one to express that we didn't see the point. I would be happy to quote other member's posts from the first page if you don't remember. What I explained in my post about the blade stop was the most constructive thing posted in this thread second only to the answer to the initial question of the inner diameter of the choke. I am not sure why you directed so much animosity to me, but if you could explain how I have offended I will apologize.

In the mean time, with constructive intent, if the blade stop is removed from the blade holder and then a second blade screw is mounted lower on the hilt.. I wonder how that would effect the blade/LED contact issue. Maybe a simple PVC ring glued in place lower in the hilt to act as a lesser blade stop could solve the issue. It makes for a very long hilt when built this way, but it seems still a reasonable option as the hilt adds strength to the base of the blade now and the PVC block still keeps the LED safely a few cm from the blade.
    Last edited by Darth Abominor; 06-14-2009 at 09:32 PM.

A second screw will not help as the blade retention screws work based on the friction with the inside of the blade holder, which will be nonexistent lower in the hilt. You will need to build a blade stop, and pvc should work so long as you can affix it well to the hilt and so long as it is the right size to accept the optic.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Abominor View Post
    hehe. I am going to mock a PVC version of this build first, in order to determine the basics are sound. TY LDM for the attempt at a cool-down assist.
    Actually, that was me, as a Council member, TELLING you guys to keep it civil. But I can see thatyou guys are communicating constructively now, so carry on.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!