Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: MHS Choke Section #3

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Abominor View Post
    I was just confirming the option of a blade through 'certain parts' to make sure of whatever form a saber might take. I like to be 110% sure of what not to place next to a body section or the like. And yes, I have read the 'Basics of building a Saber' links many times, hence why I was wondering about the chokes. The build lists and such are very general and very helpful in the details of a build, but this was a question of a single section option. Thanks for the info folks.

My idea was one of a blade through the hilt, ending at the LED/Lens to allow the blade to be seen glowing through cut-outs in the hilt, along the length of the saber. This could easily be done with other LEDs I know, but was just thinking with y fingers.
    That just goes to show that you haven't read enough, because you should know that the LED is mounted just beneath the blade holder, and as it was mentioned before, the blade holder will not allow the blade to go into the hilt.

I tend to feel that 3/4in OD blades are too weak for my standard usage, but good to know.

And TR, I know that is the standard position of an LED, hence my point you felt so ready to quote.. As to the Blade Stops and the like, I was wondering if there were methods to remove them, change them, that others may have used to allow passage of a blade deeper into a hilt where an LED might be deeply stationed.
    Last edited by Darth Abominor; 06-14-2009 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Abominor View Post
    I tend to feel that 3/4in OD blades are too weak for my standard usage, but good to know.
    Same here. Just providing info.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Well yes, you could mount the led further back in the hilt, but you're going to run into some problems. First, you will have to have the blade stop milled out of your emitter. Secondly, you will need to have a custom blade stop made to hold the optics and prevent the blade from damaging the LED when you mount it further into the hilt. Third, and this is the big problem, by mounting the led and the blade deeper into the hilt, you are going to cause your blade to appear much dimmer. This seems to be a very expensive and difficult route to take just to have an illuminated window, when you could very easily just mount a second LED. What is the point?

That was my point, an extra LED mounted lower in the hilt seemed the logical action to take, but I wanted input from the voices that know as to the need vs the simple act of LED positioning.
    Last edited by Darth Abominor; 06-14-2009 at 09:12 PM.

Hahaha I have no idea what you just said. Could you say that more clearly?

You really need to read before you go placing quotes of things you don't understand.

An extra LED in the hilt so that cut away sections look like the blade extends deeply into the hilt.. I can't be more simple than that. Matching the LED cut-out lighting to match the Blade light color/brightness is the main issue I am having. Got it now??

Yes, and that is absolutely the first time you have been clear about that. It seemed to me that prior to your last post you were trying to find a way to extend the blade into the hilt. And you have to admit, that last post made very little sense at all.

I was trying to extend the blade, into the hilt.

That's the best match one could make for the color and brightness of the blade, right??

As to the stop in the emitter, that's an easy job to remove if it's just a metal trim that extends into the blade opening at the base of the section.

And as to the 'it can't be done' feeling you seem to be throwing around in the less than considerate posts TR, I figured it out just be thinking my way around the stop issue.. so you can stop telling me how I am totally off the mark when you have no clue what my intention is with this build concept.

Ohhh, is that spoken in English or are you still reading it as some dead Sith scribble?

Before the Mods hit the thread with a 'be nice kids' action, just know that when I ask a simple question like:
    .."does the MHS Choke Section #3 (curved neck extension) allow for the blade of a 1in poly to extend through the neck of the choke?"
    I would hope for nothing less than constructive Yes or No answers, maybe with the reason why attached. I got that from nearly everyone, and I appreciate the input folks.
    Last edited by Darth Abominor; 06-14-2009 at 09:09 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ok, let's stay civil here, guys.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!