Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MHS Choke Section #3

Default MHS Choke Section #3

My searches have not shown an answer to this question, but does the MHS Choke Section #3 (curved neck extension) allow for the blade of a 1in poly to extend through the neck of the choke? I assume this is not possible since the emitters I understand don't normally have a wide enough threaded section to pass a 1in blade, but just checking in case I was wrong.
    Last edited by Darth Abominor; 06-14-2009 at 11:03 AM.

No, a 1" blade cannot fit through the curved neck section of that choke.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Why would you even contemplate doing this? You'd need a place to put the optics.

And yes, the blade holders are designed with a blade stop to hold the blades above the optics.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Abominor View Post
    My searches have not shown an answer to this question, but does the MHS Choke Section #3 (curved neck extension) allow for the blade of a 1in poly to extend through the neck of the choke? I assume this is not possible since the emitters I understand don't normally have a wide enough threaded section to pass a 1in blade, but just checking in case I was wrong.

No it won't fit. Why do you want to know? I mean, what exactly are you trying to accomplish? Maybe we can help if we know what the goal is
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Abominor View Post

No. it won't. As Navel says, it won't fit. And the blade holder has the blade stop as J-lo mentioned.
    Do give us a better idea so we can help.

Master Hampster says to read the 'New to Sabers' topic. Start with that one, then work your way down.

Read, Read, and Read some more.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

BR, I'm Lovin' Master Hampster!
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    BR, I'm Lovin' Master Hampster!
    Thanks, I figured i'd give the comedian a break...

And i'm loving the Sisko one from J-lo!!!!
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barmic Rin View Post

And i'm loving the Sisko one from J-lo!!!!
    I got that from one of LDM's posts.

And D A, please read the threads linked in the top of LDM's signature.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I was just confirming the option of a blade through 'certain parts' to make sure of whatever form a saber might take. I like to be 110% sure of what not to place next to a body section or the like. And yes, I have read the 'Basics of building a Saber' links many times, hence why I was wondering about the chokes. The build lists and such are very general and very helpful in the details of a build, but this was a question of a single section option. Thanks for the info folks.

My idea was one of a blade through the hilt, ending at the LED/Lens to allow the blade to be seen glowing through cut-outs in the hilt, along the length of the saber. This could easily be done with other LEDs I know, but was just thinking with my fingers.
    Last edited by Darth Abominor; 06-14-2009 at 09:11 PM.

A 3/4" OD blade will fit through it... if you're into 3/4" OD blades.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."