Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: MHS Choke Section #3

I wouldn't suggest mounting both to the same heatsink, since you will then be making the heatsink do twice the work. Also, the bottom side of Tim's heatsinks are not made to mount anything to. His heatsinks are cheap, buy a second one and just screw it in between the window section and the grip section.

Almost time for me to find a local NYC saber smith and get on this idea.. another skilled pair of hands would help I bet.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by TimeRender View Post

I also differ from LDM's point of view in that I only appreciate innovations when they could potentially advance the knowledgebase of the community. Innovations that could only yield inferior results seem to me to be a waste of effort and money. If it can be reasonably foreseen that a line of experimentation will not advance the hobby, I feel that it should be abandoned.
    TR, I did not say that I encourage frivolity and as a matter of fact I never post an innovation (reverse sound, crystal pommel, ramping LEDs, etc.) unless they advance the hobby as a whole. I was simply encouraging him to experiment and be self reliant rather than harassing the hell out of you! I think that you and I actually agree on this point. He is, in fact, now asking about how to construct a BASIC LED module that many of us use all the time and has indeed been posted MANY times by Jay-Gon and myself to name a few.

Allow me to spoon feed for a second...

This is what you need to build:

it is the module in the lower right hand corner of the pix, and yes, it will effectively protect the optics from the blade.

Here is another one:

Is it safe to say that everyone gets it now?
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

That was the idea we were covering, yes. TY LDM for the direct pics of such a build. I am researching the options for x2 LEDs on the same Heatsink as we speak and that should give alot more freedom to this build.