Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Steel reinforced blades

Default Steel reinforced blades

I just wanted to share some info with yall about how to make the MR blade more duel worthy when you do these conversions. I'll try to explain it as best I can.

Steel Reinforced Blades! lol, yeah, it's a good marketing slogan, isn't it? Anyway, one of the biggest problems with the MR blade after a conversion is the tip coming loose and thus the whole diffuser assembly flying out of the blade. Alot of us go ahead and remove the tip and reglue it after a conversion with some good glue, like Weld On. But, even after doing this, some spirited dueling and hitting it just the right way can cause the tip to fly off.

So, to add some extra protection, I've started reinforcing the blades with steel! Yeah, all marketing aside, what you do is save the blade retaining pins that you remove during the conversion. Then after the conversion, you carefully trim those pins down to the *exact* outer diameter of the MR blade. Then insert the pins back into the blade though the holes from whence they came. They should fit flush within the sides of the blade and will hold the diffuser in place. They don't block any light since they are small,round, and reflective. Place some thin tape over the holes to make sure the pins don't fall out, or use some glue, whatever. In the end you'll have two steel rods going through the bottom of your blade which will hold the diffuser in place and will in turn hold the tip in place.

I have a ton of pins here if yall threw yours away or if your saber doesn't have the pins in the blade. If you send me a self addressed stamped envelope, I'll send a couple your way. Address is on my website, or you can email me for it.

If all this was confusing, I can go take some pics tonight.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

very confusing pics pleasse

www.geocities.com/starwarsmonkeyz/intro.html
    "Army or not... you must realize... you... are... DOOMED!"- General Gevious

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It's actually pretty simple. He may have given a different/better description at the TFN forums. Basically he's taking the pins from the hilt and trimimg them. He then wedges them in with the diffuser to keep it from flying out.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Hey Ultra will this new kind of Steele like Blades be sold on ebay with your ultra sabers? Just wandering

"Lightness in the body"

When I clicked here, I pictured a steel bar going through the blade.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WeirdoTransvestite

When I clicked here, I pictured a steel bar going through the blade.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I thought the same thing. Though, that would make the blade a little heavy... no?

"Do you know how to use that thing?"
    "Yes. The pointy end goes into the other man."

"Posted - 01/04/2006"

Wow, only took yall 4 months to reply to this.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

LOL Ultra maybe your post got swallowed in a black hole and has returned and it's new to people... That was funny though reading it.. I converted my maul finally and me and my cousins were taking turn dueling and the one blade was a spare and I forgot about that and with all the duel i notice her blade grew a foot and then went out goes the diffuser flying... hehe

Female Twi'leks are so Hot! I want one. =0)~

dontcha just hate when that happens?

The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Ultra I read it and the description you gave made it very clear, but some seem to never really read things completely[]

Do-Clo
    Don't make me destroy you...
    Sith Lord
    Brotherhood of the Sith