Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: TOR Sith Marauder - pic heavy!

Perhaps a mod can move some of my posts to a seperate thread, don't want to hijack Xiarr Odai's thread, sorry.

I finished shaping the helmet and got it as tight as I could while still being able to fit it on in 1 piece, it wouldve been nice to get it narrower but it just wasn't possible if I wanted to get it an 'on and off' over my fat head.

I spent an hour or so on the helmet tonight giving it a coat of paint but before I go any further I'm going to have to practice that fancy kind of Victorian Swirls that the helmet has all over it, at the moment it looks a little too 'clean' and needs the decorative paint adding to it and some weathering.

I attempted to take some pics of myself but they didn't come out too well, I've photoshopped the best one just as a teaser for now.

I apologise for jumping on this thread and hope a mod can seperate the posts, sorry for the hijack Xiarr Odai.

Spent an hour or so painting the helmet last night, I realised there was no way I could paint the intricate detail that is shown on the trailer, even on a flat piece of paper. Going with the idea that perhaps the paint scheme allows for some slight customisation I carried on painting with less detail and it came out looking almost like a tribal pattern. I'm pretty happy with the results, afterall it is only going to be for halloween (for now at least) and it is all a learning curve for me.

Last edited by Takamatsu; 09-20-2009 at 01:14 AM.

One of the better 'Non-Canon' costumes i've seen in a long time.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

nice..what did you make it from? have a helmet to start from? (base to work off?)

Not quite sure what you mean by 'as a base'. I basically built up the rough shape from cardboard and paper mache. For the top dome I used a template for a boba fett helmet from thedentedhelmet.com (the link I found from instructables.com some time ago). The helmet was originally going to be a Templar design from the game Hellgate London but I chopped the front off and attempted this character instead. The back of the helmet is really really rough, but as its hidden under the hood I didn't waste anytime on it, you can still see where the cardboard sections meet.

Once I'd gotten the shape roughly how I wanted it I sanded some of the paper mache and gave it a coat of resin inside and out to give it some strength.
    Then a coat of black primer. Then silver leaf rub 'n buff, some red enamel painted into the mouth area and finger smeared onto the top section. Then I used some black paint (I think it was acrylic paint??) to paint on the detailed pattern.

Now the helmet is pretty much how I like it I have a lot to do on the armour parts.

For halloween I have managed to pick up a cheap rubies Darth Vader costume for my two and half year old son and he loves it.

Great work on the mask. its lookin pretty sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Barmic Rin View Post
    One of the better 'Non-Canon' costumes i've seen in a long time.
    not so sure its non-canon.

seing as the RL have accepted the armored TOR jedi as formal, Im curious if the 501st flagship Eclipse will take the maauders as formal as well.

It seems as though the history given fom TOR so far is being accepted as canon.

Well, not officially set yet. I meant non-canon as in it may not be 100% accurate, so whilst the flagship folks would accept it, the 501st may not.

I'd put this in the same category as Dathomiri witches, recognised, but not attached to one specific character.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

Getting there. My wife couldnt seem to hold the camera still enough for lower light pictures which I wanted to give more shadow and make the saber brighter.
    Still quite a bit to do mainly feet and hands, some weathering, pouches etc. Hopefully it will be freezing cold come halloween as it was boiling wearing this for just 10 minutes or so today.
    Anyone got any suggestions for an easy way to do the feet? I was thinking of attaching some of the foam plastic sheet to a normal pair of shoes/trainers and spraying the whole lot silver or something.

Man, this is really looking great! I can't wait to see it finished.

Looks great man, now you just need a custom saber and some boots!
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)