Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: TOR Sith Marauder - pic heavy!

Quote Originally Posted by sithlordfaust View Post
    yknow JLo already posted pics of some of these costumes as well as the Jedi made by the 501st/Rebel Legion right. even sanctioned by LFL from what I understood. Im waiting to see if those will ever be made available by the costumers that made them, but I will be keeping an eye on this thread
    I saw them, they looked awesome however there were some differences... I was hoping to see something as close as possible to the Sith Marauders in the trailer. Mask and all!

Here's some more pictures that highlight the armor!

Last edited by Thaxos; 06-11-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Some more pics

A battalion of Sith Marauders would be well beyond the definition of 'awesome'

I've been trying to think how best to keep this armour "dynamic" - ultimately, the more dexterity the better, but that's famously difficult to do if you're set on hard armour - which I am. I think the feet, in particular, may have to be broken into more pieces than shown in the trailer and maybe even made out of linoleum or something to keep things moving - and lots of parts sliding over lots of other parts will be a paint schemes nightmare Maybe time to find a blacksmith to heat up the forge and get hammering... Metal parts WOULD mean thinner parts of equal strength, no cracking (assuming it's done right), no paint to flake off...

Pete

PS: I also think a Death Eater mask from Harry Potter may be a decent starting point!
    Last edited by Xiarr Odai; 06-13-2009 at 07:11 AM.

My first post here, hi everyone.
    I stumbled across this thread after buying a my first Saber, a MR Darth Vader Force FX (2007 ANH). Since my job includes selling videogames I am really looking forward to the eventual release of SW:TOR and have watched this trailer a number of times. While looking and thinking of ideas for Halloween costumes I've had numerous ideas including the Sith Stalker armour from Force Unleashed, the Templar from Hellgate:London and also this "Sith Marauder" that is being talked about in this thread.
    As it will only be a Halloween costume I haven't taken the care and detail that you guys here will no doubt take (seeing as the people that will witness this costume won't even be aware of any SW extended universe - hopefully they will just see it as a cool costume).

Anyway, I just thought I would post one more screenshot that also shows a bit more of the chest/stomach area.

Once again, hi everyone - I will no doubt have more to read than to say.

Wow, the mask looks awesome, I may have to mod the design and make it for my sith costume.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Idea for the mask:

IRON MAN MASK. The cheap costumes can be easily modded.

If it doesn't work, no huge loss financially.
    Last edited by Barmic Rin; 09-04-2009 at 02:33 AM.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

AWESOME! they look sweet! i didn't realize those were sith marauders at first.
    if you are new these links will get you started

tutorial on ohms law!!!
    the saber building dictionary-a dictionary with basically everything about sabers!
    thread index-this is the thread index!
    the basic saber building tutorial-tutorial for making basic hilts!
    start here if new-start right here if your brand new fresh out of the factory never before opened noob!

From the belt down it kind of looks like spartan armor (more the shins to boots). The chest armor looks alot like the jedi armor in the trailer. Some of the forearm gautlets look like Boba Fetts fiber cord and flamethrower gautlets.

Wink

I've never really attempted anything past the paper mache halloween costume before and again this will only be for halloween so nothing near as serious as some of the stuff I have seen linked on this site and others. Again I've started the helmet/mask with paper mache and I started cutting some armor shapes out of some off cuts from some "Sale signs" which were made of some kind of foam plastic sheet. I was able to form the plastic quite easily by wrapping it around myself after warming it in the oven.

After shaping the plastic I attached it to some foam from a roll-up camping bed to make it easier to wear.

We had a nice sunny day here today so I sprayed the whole armour black then used silver rub'n buff on the hard plastic pieces. I got the missus to take a couple of photos with me wearing just a normal hooded cloak so I could get a rough idea of how things were shaping up.

As I said previously this is just going to be a halloween costume, and the people that will see this costume will have no idea what/who it is supposed to be, the lightsaber will probably be the only giveaway that it is even Star Wars related so this is in no way accurate or even supposed to be. Even so if you want to criticise then do so, my feelings won't be hurt I have thick skin

Thing is now I've started this 'rough' version I feel like I want to spend lots of time doing a 'proper' version and actually buying some materials to do it rather than bits and pieces lying around (I did buy the paint and rub'n buff though). For now though I will settle on finishing this costume in time for halloween this year and maybe think about another for next year.

Looks good thus far. Wanting to see that mask though.
    XBOX 360 Gamertag AdeganBlue

Being so great, the owner of these wonderful forums and attached shop has filmed how to build an MHS hilt, here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm_-BQb_-eY
    Is he just great to you all?

The mask isn't looking upto much yet, only done a bit of paper-mache and card shapes so far. Either way I've taken a couple of pictures to show where I'm up to. I'm intending to make this a full helmet rather than just a mask but at the moment it probably looks more like Dr. Doom than anything star wars